- The Product Management department is part of Oaktree’s Client Relations organization. Its primary function is to support Oaktree’s product development work and to communicate its investment strategy activities for use in marketing and with current and prospective clients.
- Product specialists in the department are aligned to one or more Oaktree strategies and work collaboratively with Oaktree’s investment, marketing, client services, reporting and analytics, legal and compliance functions to meet constituent needs.
- This product management professional will be aligned specifically to Oaktree’s Infrastructure Investing strategy, serving as the central point of contact for delivering strategic communications and responding to all related investor inquiries.
- He/she will interact directly with investors and coordinate with Oaktree’s Marketing, Portfolio Management, Corporate Development, Portfolio Analytics, Risk & Reporting (PARR), Diligence Services, Legal, Compliance, Accounting and other Oaktree groups to develop product offerings, communicate strategy positioning and quarterback investor and prospective investor needs.
Product Marketing and Communications
- Collaborate on the development, design, and delivery of Infrastructure Investing products together with Portfolio Management, Marketing, Corporate Development and other firm functions.’
- Develop mastery of the Infrastructure Investing strategy and related individual investments to serve as a proxy for the investment team for marketing or client-related activities, as appropriate.
- Proactively/reactively explain the Infrastructure Investing strategy’s positioning, market activity, and material portfolio events throughout the sales and service lifecycle of its funds.
- Create ongoing fund and portfolio commentary. This may include but not be limited to drafting performance commentary, material event notifications, relevant trends and updates and commentary surrounding the uses and sources of fund proceeds.
- Prepare and maintain a full suite of qualitative client reporting, including deal summaries, case studies, quarterly letters and the like. Serve as subject matter expert for the Infrastructure Investing strategy, providing input on, and in many cases self-crafting, the investment section of product collateral owned either within or outside of the Product Management group. Collateral may include but is not limited to PPMs, brochures, due diligence questionnaires, webcast presentations, case studies and investment content for requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Collaborate with counterparts in Oaktree’s global offices to share information and assist in the creation of FAQs and talking points for Marketing & Client Relations staff.
Client and Inquiry Management
- Lead point of contact for responding to investor inquiries and requests related to the Infrastructure Investing portfolios.
- Receive investor requests (received either from Marketing Reps, Client Services Reps, or investors directly).
- Evaluate requests against established disclosure rules.
- Quarterback evaluated investor requests through resolution.
- Understand the strategies’ product(s) and operational structure(s) to be able to draft responses to investor inquiries where appropriate.
- Where information is not readily available, coordinate with the appropriate internal resources to respond to investor requests
- Develop working relationships with operating functions at investor organizations; gain an understanding of how an investor operates in order to better serve them.
- Direct the client onboarding process (i.e., draft/coordinate distribution of the client welcome package and ensure Client Relations teams’ service readiness) for the strategies to the extent new products are launched under its umbrella.
Client Meeting Management
- Assist in the preparation of client reviews and other client meetings; prepare agendas, custom materials, etc.
- Host and, where appropriate, conduct client portfolio reviews standalone.
- Serve as lead coordinator for Investors Committees (“IC”) (aka Limited Partner Advisory Committees). This may include calling the committee together on a proactive and/or reactive basis, determining agenda together with portfolio managers, collaborating with the strategy attorney on various IC-related matters, etc.
- A solid foundation in investment finance concepts, including a thorough understanding of the capital structure and private and public markets.
- Ability to acquire a thorough knowledge of the legal, accounting, compliance and investment aspects of the investment products offered by Oaktree.
- Highly resourceful; ability to exercise superior judgment regarding investor requests: to interpret them, ask appropriate questions, do homework and only expend internal resources of the firm for the most relevant, needed situations.
- Proven experience interacting directly and demonstrating influence, as well as a service-orientation, with external clients.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, in both a “reporting” but also a marketing/storyboarding context.
- The successful candidate will have an outstanding initiative to self-educate and self-start.
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills. Must be capable of explaining technical concepts clearly and simply to clients and client-facing personnel
- The individual should be analytical and facile with numbers and investment concepts; he/she must possess a superior attention to detail, be highly organized and should enjoy multitasking in a deadline-oriented environment.
- He/She will be team-oriented and collaborative and must possess strong integrity and professionalism.
- Undergrad degree from a top university; MBA or CFA preferred.
- Six to twelve years of relevant experience
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs