An international global leader in the home improvement and building products space seeks a Product Regulatory Compliance Specialist (PRCS). The PRCS will report into the Director of Analytical Testing, Research and Development.
The corporation maintains a facility in Michigan to support the technical needs of its business units. The facility is staffed by highly trained scientists who are equipped with up-to-date analytical equipment. They have contemporaneous knowledge of materials and product regulatory codes/standards that affect the company’s products. The Research and Development division offers testing, research and consulting services to support product compliance, quality control, new product development, litigation/inspection, design changes and risk analysis. The facility has continuously met and/or supplemented the technical needs of all business units since 1975.
The PRCS will ensure that the company products meet applicable regulations by planning, implementing and monitoring regulatory policies. The policies will focus on regulations concerned with any chemical exposure a customer may experience (from products) and end of product life issues (i.e. CPSC, RoHS/REACH, TSCA, and state specific regulations like California’s proposition 65).
The specialist is expected to:
- Work cross-functionally within HQ, as well as across all Business Units to coordinate and facilitate a companywide regulation compliance program
- Ensures product regulatory policies are consistent across all Business Units (globally)
- Conducts review, testing and audit of new and existing products to guide actions needed to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Works on problems of complex scope where data analysis requires evaluation of specific factors
- Interacts with regulatory agencies and communicates regulatory requirements to vendors
- Is the subject matter expert for the aforementioned regulations and provide training to Business Units
- Is forward looking in effort to identify emerging regulations and trends in consumer product safety issues
- Utilizes independent judgment within broad parameters to determine what products/materials require chemical testing to demonstrate compliance with standards, and makes decisions about material sourcing and/or product labels
- Supports Legal with litigation matters pertaining products and compliance
- Performs all other tasks as assigned
- Minimum bachelor’s degree (it would be great to have a degree in chemistry, materials science, toxicology), and minimum 8 years of experience in product regulation compliance and testing; or equivalent amount of education and work experiences
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be a quick learner with strong work ethic and ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Capable of handling multiple tasks while meeting various deadlines
- Strong written and verbal skills needed to draft and communicate policies/procedures
- Proficient in standard Microsoft Office suite of products
- Able to travel domestically and internationally +30%
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com