Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and fun. It worked! People love sending money with Venmo. We’re growing by leaps and bounds and we’re just getting started!
We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and make it available to even more users in every place people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible. Our users love Venmo and we want to continue providing them a delightful and exceptional experience!
Product at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
As a product manager with Venmo you will be part of the Product Team where you will work closely with fellow product managers, designers and engineers to deliver seamless intuitive payment experiences to our users.
We spend our days advancing Venmo’s mobile payments platform to exceed our users’ wants and needs. We are data-driven by nature and guided by human-centered design principles. We learn from one another and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests.
Product Manager, Payments
Payments is the backbone of Venmo. Venmo has millions of users and we want to enable faster and more ubiquitous access to funds while continuing to make the payment experience as seamless as possible.
The Product Manager for this role is wildly focused on delivering value to the business and building out a scalable, reliable, secure payments platform that enables seamless payments experiences for our users.
You will work with the Payments Director and the Product Team to identify and prioritize products and revenue generating features that excite and delight our users and are accretive to the Venmo brand. You will work with engineering stakeholders to refine product and design requirements, and drive execution toward on-time delivery.
What You’ll Do
- Identify products and features that maximize our margins using data to support your hypothesis
- Effectively communicate product and feature business value and achieve consensus with business leaders and product and engineering stakeholders
- Develop clear and comprehensive use cases and communicate these requirements to the engineering teams
- Manage the payments team roadmap and work with the engineering delivery teams across the organization to execute and deliver
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years experience in mobile application development and delivery
- Minimum 3 years as a Product Manager
- Open to travel 10-15%
- Demonstrated ability to manage, execute and deliver products in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to perform cost/benefit analysis, articulate trade-offs and make strategic decisions
- Capable of defining and monitoring both lead and lag measures to identify opportunities and track product success
- B.S. in Engineering or Computer Science (MBA a plus)
- Familiar with tools such as Slack, G-Suite, Looker
- Excellent ability to self-organize
- Excellent communication skills
- Experienced in agile software development processes