Frank has a grand mission: to help people with anything they might need to invest in their future. We started with making it easier to pay for college by simplifying financial aid. Our first product flipped the FAFSA® (the Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on its head by making it 20 times faster to complete and helped more than 300,000 families to access $7B in aid.
We are working on getting students to and through school while radically improving their financial lives. We are proud to help our families in ways that no one has ever done before. All of us are driven by the great cause of making higher education more affordable and we have a fascinating journey ahead.
Product at Frank
Product is at the heart of our mission. Providing exceptional value to customers drives everything we do, as we earn their trust and guide their important life decisions. Our Product team is focused on discovering and delivering the future of student & personal finances. As a customer-first and product-led company, we articulate, interview, experiment, iterate, and ship on a weekly basis. We are looking for sharp and ambitious Product people to help us lead the way.
As a Frank product manager, you’ll own a key role in building out our vision for revolutionizing personal finance and enabling people to invest in their future. You will be responsible for the product from strategy to execution, working hand in hand with designers and engineers and will interface frequently with customer support, operations, growth, partnerships, content, legal, finance, and management to build and land the best products possible.
- Leadership: You can lead without authority, inspire everyone to work on your product, and manage many stakeholders.
- Communication: You craft and deliver the right message to different audiences, including customers, engineers, marketers, executives, and partners.
- Intellectual honesty: You are highly analytical and think deeply and thoroughly. You let results speak with strong data, metrics, and analysis skills.
- Ownership: You drive toward clarity and delivery with very high attention to detail. You take charge, get things done, push through, and don’t drop balls.
- Collaboration: You love working, learning, and improving together. You help others shine, and know how to give and receive feedback.
What you’ll need
- Real-world experience: You have 3+ years of relevant experience, and at least 1 year of experience as a Product Manager, including shipping products to real customers and you are proud of their impact.
- Customer empathy: You put customers first. You are excited to improve customers’ lives and bring their point of view to everything we do.
- Product intuition: You identify non-obvious customer needs and articulate how to solve them while achieving business goals and win in the market.
- Design sense: You can tell what a good UX looks like and enjoy working with designers and engineers to achieve it.
- Technical savviness: You have an understanding of how technology is set to implement products, you know what to ask engineering teams, and you know how to work with them to achieve shared goals.
- Startup or entrepreneurial background
- Experience with Consumer products, FinTech, or Financial Aid
- Experience or education in Engineering / Design / User Research / Marketing / Business
- Experience with designing, setting, and running product experiments
- Familiarity with quantitative analysis and/or SQL
- Experience with mobile products, UX, and best practices
- Experience with Agile, preferably Scrum or Kanban
Benefits. Frank offers full coverage of medical, dental, vision, gym reimbursement, and subsidized commuter benefits.
Pay. Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
Perks. Sleek Apple products, fully stocked kitchen, team lunch, awesome company events.
Working Late? We’ll pick up your dinner and your Uber ride home!