Varo Money is seeking to launch a Bank that delivers more affordable traditional financial products, provides leading edge innovation and helps consumers manage their financial lives more effectively and with minimal friction. When organized, the Bank will be a national retail bank. Varo’s business model combines a traditional relationship banking approach with modern technology to create a better banking experience backed by robust controls and sound risk management. The Bank’s primary products will be offered through mobile, online and phone based banking channels and will include traditional banking products such as DDAs, savings accounts, CDs, unsecured installment loans and lines of credit, credit cards, home equity loans and brokered mortgages integrated with financial health tools on the smart phone to help customers solve every day financial problems and achieve better financial outcomes. Varo has raised $78M to date led by Warburg Pincus and The Rise Fund / TPG Growth.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT TEAM
We’ve only scratched the surface–there is so much more to be done. And we need an amazing Product Manager to join our team. This position reports to the VP Product.
We are looking for someone who is customer obsessed and technology savvy – ideally with experience in financial services, and a passion for improving consumers’ financial lives.
As a key part of the Product team at Varo, you will help define and build products, features, and capabilities that improve the financial well-being of millions of consumers. You will help create and drive the strategy, vision, and roadmap, with a high degree of ownership over critical features and the customer experience. This role is inherently cross-functional – you will work closely with engineering, research, design, operations, finance, and executive teams to launch new features and products while improving existing offering.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of information including primary and desktop research, competitive analysis, user behavior, and new technologies / capabilities, transforming them into products and experiences that consumers love.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR A PRODUCT DIRECTOR WHO WILL
- Develop deep knowledge of our customer to inform product requirements & collaborate with stakeholders complete requirements process
- Coordinate product design process across teams to ensure consistency and alignment of design and UX
- Partner with design, research, operations and head of retail
- Lead story-writing and product development, partnering with Engineering
- Support go-to-market for launching new products
- Monitor product performance, understand the “why” of your domain, and propose improvements
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE THAT WILL HELP YOU BE GREAT
- Previous experience as a Product Manager with a consumer-focused digital product
THE THREE SKILS THAT MATTER MOST
- Team Player
OTHER NICE TO HAVES
- A passion for fintech
- A bias towards action
- Mad SQL skillz
- Scrappy and game for any task
- Experience with Agile
- Able to adapt to quick changes in direction
- A strong sense of ownership and thought-leadership