- Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways.
- Toast’s Legal Department is expanding quickly with the business and adapting to the needs of a rapidly growing company. As Toast’s Product Counsel, you’ll be responsible for providing legal advice on existing and new partnerships and product initiatives across the financial and business services market. You will provide legal advice relating to new product launches and you’ll guide the Business Services and Product teams as new initiatives and products are developed and launched. You’ll also work with people across the company in a wide variety of matters focusing on regulatory compliance related to new product launches. This position reports directly to the General Counsel.
Required Professional Qualifications:
- JD degree required
- Combined minimum of 7 years of relevant in-house and law firm experience
- A strong background in business services, payments and various financial products (e.g. loans, etc.)
- Contract negotiation experience and strong drafting skills
- Applicable regulatory experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to consistently bring enthusiasm
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with a diverse workforce
- Self-motivated, hard-working and interested in making a difference
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently with self-direction
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs