Paxful is a leading peer-to-peer powered bitcoin marketplace and a universal money translator. Our mission is social justice through financial freedom worldwide. By offering a platform with over 300 financial networks that empowers both merchants and buyers alike, we have created opportunities for millions across the globe who don’t have access to traditional banking services.
Paxful was founded in 2015 and has an established headquarters in New York, with offices in Estonia, Hong Kong, the Philippines and Johannesburg. Currently, we have over 160 dedicated employees globally and are growing rapidly. We have millions of users, a strong business model, and are completely bootstrapped. One of our pillars is giving back to the communities we help through initiatives such as #BuiltWithBitcoin. You’ll be joining an international team that seeks to make real, sustainable change in the world.
Paxful employees tend to have:
- An open mind: We believe that change and new ideas are exciting, not threatening.
- A proactive attitude: We’re willing and ready to roll up our sleeves and take responsibility.
- Accountability: As colleagues, we take care of each other and our work.
- Self-direction: We figure out solutions on our own and take charge of carrying them out.
- An adaptive mindset: We shift our processes, perspectives, and working styles along with the environment.
- Passion: We feel driven by being part of the mission.
Sound like a fit?
We are looking for thinkers who are passionate about creating something clear and precise, from idea to actionable result!
What you’ll be doing
- Provide simple yet detailed and clear specifications
- Translate problems or requirements into highly specified project briefs
- Understand the necessity of separation between high-end requirements and technical part
- Spot corner cases before anybody else during problem statement and requirements phase
- Work closely with key stakeholders, engineers, designers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
What you’ll bring to the role
- 3+ years of experience in a related technical role
- Ability to convert stakeholders’ problems or requirements into an actionable specification for related parties
- Experience with SQL/noSQL databases
- Experience with programming languages
- Experience working with the Atlassian stack (Jira and Confluence)
- Work experience with various data and analytics softwares
- Ability to provide data-driven solutions and decisions
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Startup experience
- Experience working in a cryptocurrency, FinTech or blockchain company
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently with light supervision
- Healthcare insurance, including dental and vision
- Catered lunch and dinner daily, with premium snacks
- Gym membership of your choice and personal training sessions
- Sports nutrition and supplements, massages and chiropractor sessions
- Training and professional development resources
- Paid company events and retreats
- Paid maternity/paternity leave including a one-time bonus to support newborn
- Commuter benefits
- Accessible office in the West Village
- Flexible hours