The Fixed Income Product Management Group helps drive AUM growth in AB’s fixed income products (Funds, SMAs, and institutional strategies) through the messaging and positioning of those products, both internally and externally.
The Product Analyst will report to a Fixed Income Product Manager and will primarily interact with the product managers and other senior investment professionals, focusing on the positioning, marketing of, and servicing of the firm’s global mutual funds and institutional strategies.
The role provides:
- Exposure to senior investment professionals, including attending their investment strategy meetings
- An in-depth education in the global bond market, instruments and investment strategies
- Involvement in bringing new Fixed Income business into the firm and helping to service large and influential US Retail and institutional relationships
- Career advancement in various areas
The key job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain ongoing product knowledge of our global strategies, including investment process, portfolio positioning, views on individual credits, performance, attribution, and investment updates
- Proactively develop Fund / strategy positioning and sales ideas and share them with the sales teams in the retail and institutional channels to help them sell and service those strategies and funds
- Analyze and report on the competitive positioning of our strategies
- Prepare and update weekly reports, talking points, market reviews, marketing materials, and other items used by the sales teams
- Respond to ad hoc inquiries and requests for Strategy and Fund-level credit views, portfolio attributes, and current investment strategy and positioning on our global strategies, as well as our firm’s fixed income market views and outlooks
The qualified candidate should have the following:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Must be very comfortable pulling and analyzing data from multiple systems and using data to drive sales and positioning ideas.
- Experience in Fixed Income, the asset management business a plus.
- Prior Product Management or Product Analyst experience a strong plus.
- Strong verbal and writing skills. Creativity and a marketing “sense” is a distinct plus
- Highly motivated self-starter; ability to work both independently as well as part of a team
- Must be a direct “do-er” of work, not a “delegator” or “coordinator” of work done by others
- Ability to thrive in a busy, deadline-driven work environment and multi-task to meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Effective time management, data management, and organizational skills
Candidate should have:
- 2-5 years of work experience in the financial or asset management industry, preferably focused on fixed income
- Prior Product Management or Product Analyst experience, preferably.
- BA/BS in Finance or related field
- Plans to pursue a CFA or MBA a plus
Strong quantitative orientation
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills