PIMCO’s growing $35 billion alternative investing complex is a direct investor in a wide range of asset types and geographies and recently closed on a new private equity-style fund vehicle, BRAVO III, with $4.6 billion in capital commitments. The team is currently looking to add a Portfolio Manager – Associate to its US Special Situations team who will focus on corporate private equity investment opportunities, primarily in the North American financial services and financial technology sectors. Transactions will range from majority buyouts to minority growth equity and structured equity investments in the bank, specialty finance, insurance and financial technology sectors. Special Situations Group Associates work closely with senior members of the team to assist in underwriting and executing private equity transactions for BRAVO and other PIMCO investment vehicles.
- Assist with all due diligence execution relating to corporate private equity investments, including the review of business plans, market environments, historical financial statements, growth strategies, etc.
- Prepare detailed Investment Committee memos and presentations
- Develop detailed financial and cash flow projection models
- Assist with deal execution, including drafting and negotiating of deal documentation
- Manage key third party relationships, including law firms, auditors, consultants and financing providers
- Support asset management of fund investments, including developing and executing business plans and involvement at the Board level
- Monitor and analyze the financial performance of investments
- Support the development of new business initiatives in private equity for PIMCO
- 3-5 years of relevant investment banking and/or private equity experience, preferably in the financial services or financial technology sectors
- Exceptional financial modeling skills
- Outstanding academic credentials and demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Strong work ethic and integrity, candidate should be a team player that is proactive and self-motivated
- Strong analytical, interpersonal communication, and writing skills
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
- PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
- 401k Savings and Retirement Plan
- Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office