- Yelp is building a Privacy Engineering team to protect our users’ and employees’ data, while giving our engineers tools to analyze and debug effectively. It’s an opportunity to have tremendous impact and broad scope protecting Yelp’s data, our employees, and our millions of users.
- As a Privacy Engineer, you will be responsible for partnering with different engineering teams at Yelp that collect, process, and store user data to define what internal uses cases exist and how we should securely manage this data. You will build tools that allow engineers, data scientists, and product managers to build awesome new features for Yelp while still protecting users’ privacy. You’ll also evangelize best practices in data security across the engineering organization.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and deploy authentication and security related components of Yelp’s data processing workflows.
- Develop libraries used across multiple Yelp apps for secure communication and data storage.
- Pair with mobile, frontend, and backend teams to architect & develop features in a secure, scalable manner.
We Are Looking For:
- Understanding of best practices in data handling and privacy.
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience with AWS and SoA.
- Experience with software engineering best practices: unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, excellent debugging, troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of web infrastructure and distributed systems.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs