Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over $450 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Role within Team:
- Manage Sustainability with the Portfolio Operations Group
- Strategically deploy Blackstone’s (BX) Sustainability program across BX extensive portfolio companies – deliver both tangible and intangible results in a cost effective way
- Execute and capture value including the economics of scale that exists in the groups purchasing of energy, environmental and sustainability related technology
- Work with portfolio companies to implement best O&M (operations and maintenance) practices across BX portfolio
- Coordinate, manage and influence a diverse constituency including (C-suite officers of portfolio companies, sustainability leaders, operators, LPs, BX senior management etc.)
- Significant interaction and alignment with BX investment deal teams
- Develop, implement, and administer the organization’s sustainability strategy, policy and management system consistent with BX culture and principles.
- Communicate Blackstone’s sustainability program to internal stake holders within BX, portfolio companies and external stakeholders – educate and win support from these various constituencies.
- Collaborate with Blackstone portfolio operations group, consulting engineers and other third party experts to reduce operating costs and mitigate future increases.
- Work closely with investment Deal Partners and the portfolio company’s sustainability lead and C-suite leaders to communicate approaches to utility bill reduction and both expected and achieved savings.
- Identity, structure and manage a third party sustainability partner(s) to help design and execute the program strategy, goals and results.
- Provide the leadership required to maintain a cohesive, adaptable program with Blackstone’s participating portfolio companies.
- Responsible for the development of portfolio level approach to transformation associated with environmental sustainability, primarily energy usage, and defines/deploys programs and improved operations at BX level.
- Develop data management capability/tools to ensure that performance improvement data is captured, collected, and analyzed to track progress, metrics and efficiencies and to drive the vision of the program.
- Develop and implement promotional and educational programs that ensure the portfolio companies quickly embrace program fundamentals.
- Differentiate Blackstone’s sustainability program from others – predominantly to LPs and potential acquisitions – define the value added associated with BX as an operating partner.
- Point of contact at Blackstone for internal and external communications around sustainability and representing Blackstone commitment to sustainability broadly (environment through a broader environmental, social and governance scope).
- Develop internal and external communication process, plan and materials for variety of stakeholders including deal teams, Investor Relations Business Development, Public Affairs, Limited Partner investors, C-Suite leadership teams, governmental/non-governmental and regulatory agencies and others.
- Ensure monitoring, analysis, and communication of developments in industry standards and in pertinent local, State, Federal, and global legislation’s and are fully compliant with regulations.
- Develop partnerships between Blackstone portfolio companies to promote sharing of best specific practices that transcend sector
- Lead annual cross-portfolio conferences.
- Respond to and resolve sensitive inquiries, complaints and issues from both internal and external sources
Requirements For Role
- Specific experience with CI-, O&M-, and BAS-oriented programs that change how mechanical equipment is run in the following sectors: manufacturing, hospitality, CRE, and retail
- Sustainability Program Design and Execution
- Consultative Process
- Ability to Balance Sustainability Role Within Fast Paced Investment Setting
- Leadership & Success
- Results orientation
- Strategy & Planning
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered “prefer not to say“). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.