- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Finance, Legal, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in risk management, business processes, and finance controls.
- Experience in payments compliance regulations
- Experience managing regulatory relationships.
- CA/CPA, MBA, or Master’s degree.
- Experience designing and implementing controls in a multinational and regulatory environment. Experience dealing with regulatory entities.
- Experience in an audit/financial or legal role within the finance industry in APAC.
- Ability to articulate jurisdictional expertise to relevant stakeholders. Ability to work cross-functionally and cross-jurisdictionally and to lead and drive complex operational initiatives.
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Ability to work well in a high growth, fast paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical, investigative, and verbal and written communication skills.
The Google Compliance team makes sure that our business is always consistent with the current financial regulations. Comprised of master jugglers, this team balances Google’s legal and compliance requirements with the dynamic needs of our users and the values of our company. As part of this team, you proactively identify pain points and gaps in existing policy frameworks and find innovative solutions. You develop efficient compliance systems and work with teams to implement these across the organization. You are thorough in all you do and see to it that as Google pursues our next big idea, we always have our bases covered.
As a Payments Compliance Manager, you will be a leader in the Business Controllership and Compliance space, working to ensure that our products and services stay in continuous compliance with government regulations, licensing, and reporting obligations. You will need a deep understanding of how to help grow and maintain a global network of financials services licenses and regulatory relationships in a high-volume environment. You have a general working knowledge of the regulatory requirements to maintain licenses including financial, information security, and customer support. Additionally, you will be involved with providing business advice for the roll-out of new features and products globally, to ensure internal controls, systems, financial, and regulatory policies are properly implemented. In this role, you will monitor, report on, and help manage risks.
- Manage payments compliance licensing and reporting for a range of licenses, preparing license applications and regulatory filings with a focus on South East Asia jurisdictions.
- Understand triggers and rules for Anti Money Laundering and Suspicious Activity Reporting. Review investigational write ups and prepare filings for Suspicious Activity Reports,] in accordance with government requirements and regulations.
- Manage regulatory inquiries and requirements, coordinating with various cross-functional teams. Provide regulatory and compliance related advice to business partners for existing products and new product launches.
- Monitor changes in industry regulations and modify policies and procedures as necessary by interfacing with multiple functional areas to develop and implement scalable compliance systems and controls including Engineering, Legal, Operations, Finance, and Product Management.
- Monitor and report on the ongoing effectiveness of the control frameworks and implement control improvements when required.