Who are we?
Vestwell provides every employee in America with access to a retirement account by removing the friction points financial advisors and companies have in establishing and maintaining defined contribution & benefit programs. We look out for everyone’s best interest, including financial advisors, companies and employees.
Vestwell is at the forefront of change in the $6 trillion 401(k) market; creating a platform that lowers fees and ensures that individuals retire wealthier. We’ve raised capital from industry leading investors in the Fintech and Finserv world to achieve this goal and are already getting a great response from customers.
Who are we looking for?
Vestwell is expanding and we’re excited about bringing onboard an Operations Associate to our operations team who is passionate about our mission to change the retirement FinTech space. At a high level, we’re looking for someone who has insane levels of attention to detail and proven ability of juggling multiple priorities at once. You will be key to powering transactions on the platform and ensuring it runs at full speed.
We’re a startup… so a self-starter mentality comes first and foremost. You are someone who will dive into whatever challenge is placed in front of you, and find creative ways to solve problems.
What will you be doing at Vestwell?
A key component of Vestwell’s mission to empower retirement savings includes effortless plan onboarding and maintenance (i.e. payroll, census, etc,). As an Operations Associate, you will monitor and support these processes to ensure that sponsors can provide a 401K plan with as little friction as possible.
- Monitor upcoming deadlines to ensure sponsors have provided the appropriate information.
- Ensure all plan notices are delivered on-time.
- Audit partners to ensure investments are made in a timely manner.
- Develop metrics to inform management on the efficacy of our processes.
- Research and institute established standards, policies, procedures, and applicable laws.
- Look for ways to continuously improve the process and the client experience with it.
- Maintain current knowledge bases and update accordingly.
- Assist with quality checks and reconciliations on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelors Degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative mindset and strong comfort level talking to different teams and seniority levels, both internally and externally
- Proficiency with online productivity tools. MS Office, especially Excel
- Early stage startup, FinTech, and/or Financial Services experience