Who we are:
Climb Credit is the first point-of-sale education finance company focused on high-ROI education. We partner with educational institutions in order to fund loans that will increase students’ access to higher education and improved earnings potential.
Said more simply: we aim to fund only education that is a good investment for students.
Climb is a fast-growing education finance company focused on high quality, high return education. We partner with the best schools and training programs and enable students to attend by providing affordable financing through an easy to use application.
Climb’s mission is to expand access to quality education and we’re starting with financing. We believe that education should be treated like all other large investments with thorough diligence and understanding of the outcomes. Therefore, before partnering with a school, we underwrite the education and confirm that students who attend will experience a positive return on their investment.
We are seeking an operationally oriented strategic thinker to join the management team as a VP of Operations and Strategy. This person will be responsible for coordinating the many moving parts of our existing business and be a leading voice in how we develop products and expand into new markets. As VP, Ops & Strategy, you will identify opportunities for service and operations process improvement and facilitate the successful implementation of new projects, both informing and enabling strategic direction.
Reporting to the CEO, you will collaborate closely with the entire management team to identify market and team-specific opportunities to accelerate growth and efficiency across the company. You will work closely with the Sales, Product, Partner Success, Finance and Capital Markets teams to successfully deliver on strategic and operational initiatives.
This newly created role is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious individual to leverage already developed operational skills in a number of areas within a fast growing business. This person will oversee a diverse set of business functions.
- You’re an operator who excels at building and driving teams who meet and exceed their goals.
- You have a passion for perfecting the customer journey and know how set teams and organizations up for success in delivering an incredible customer experience across the user lifecycle.
- You care deeply about creating a positive happy culture of empowerment and excellence that no one wants to leave.
- You’re a creative problem solver who sees every challenge as an opportunity to accelerate progress.
- You have the ability to collaborate cross-functionally and get people outside of your direct team on board to help you succeed.
- 5+ years of banking, consulting or other financial services industry experience
- Proven ability to manage projects executed by 3rd party vendors, affiliates and cross-functional teams
- Strong business analysis skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and writing
- The ability to problem-solve alternatives to determine the best solution to various challenges
- Strategic Planning
- Plan and coordinate management team cross-functional meetings including weekly management meetings and quarterly strategy sessions.
- Assist in the coordination of new products from prioritization to design to launch plan, including product research.
- Tracking of weekly, monthly and quarterly goals and KPIs against the target to present in various forums.
- Investor Relations / Fundraising Support
- Develop initial drafts for monthly investor updates and coordinate data/information needed to complete.
- Corporate Operations
- Oversee external vendors and contracts including insurance and real estate.
- Oversee the agenda for the bi-weekly all-hands meeting.
- Legal / Compliance Oversight
- Oversee compliance with lending license requirements including annual audits/exams.
- Oversee customer onboarding (AML, KYC operations) and Fraud programs
- Oversee relationship with external legal resources (including law firms) to ensure efficiency with billing, advice, and prioritization.
- School Diligence Team
- Facilitate and coordinate the review of potential partner schools in coordination with the sales, finance, and data science teams.
- Develop and manage the diligence process as it evolves over time.
- Loan Servicing / Performance Management
- Oversee the relationship with Climb’s external servicers including running an annual audit.
- Coordinate with Capital markets on quarterly credit committee meeting agenda and notes.
- Student Success
- Manage borrower support team based in Las Vegas and remote employee in India.
- Manage workflow, underwriting decisions, and prioritization of ad hoc assignments
- Operationalize recurring tasks such as loan document reviews and compliance audits.
- Oversee metrics such as call volume, answer rates, satisfaction and time to resolution.
- Optimize tools used for customer outreach to increase efficiency and overall time to resolution including online chat, text messaging, and Slack.
- Develop and oversee training program to onboard new members of the support team efficiently.
- People Operations
- Coordinate with external HR resources on offers to prospective employees and onboarding.
- Manage the recruiting pipeline and process.
- Assist in execution of annual performance reviews
- Oversee cultural events and initiatives
Our number one goal is to improve the lives of our students which means we make choices that create long-term value for students, especially when selecting our partner schools.
– We are smart about moving fast but also understand that there is no one-size-fits-all decision-making process.
– If a decision is reversible, we act swiftly.
– If a decision is irreversible, we act methodically, carefully, and with deliberation.
– We plan and build for the long term.
– Learning the right skills can change someone’s life. We embody this by always striving to improve.
– We’re not afraid to try new paths and solutions.
– We challenge the status quo and are not afraid to have our own points of view challenged.
Collaboration and Trust
– We trust each other – and ourselves – to get things done together. We earn that trust by being communicative, transparent, and collaborative.
– We respect people’s time and opinions.
– We celebrate our wins and own our mistakes so we can get better next time.
Ownership and Perseverance
– It’s never not our problem.
– We always try and do the hardest thing on our list first, because chances are it’s the most important.
– Some days will be great and some days won’t, we’ll figure it out together.
Honesty, Transparency, and Integrity
– We value transparency and open discussion – no bad questions, no topic off limits. We’re here to grow Climb, and sometimes the uncomfortable discussions are what help us grow.
– We share feedback honestly and openly.
– We act with integrity by doing the right thing, even if it’s not easy.
People make the company
– We are our company, and our growth is the company’s growth.
– We strive to build the best conditions possible for all of us to work together effectively.
– We keep it fun. We’re solving a large, exciting challenge. Problems are solved when people are genuinely excited by the process of coming up with the solutions.