This role will assist in providing Offering Management expertise in allowing IBM Blockchain Financial Solutions clients, who do cross border payments, to avail themselves of a transformational method to initiate their payments. The Stellar blockchain ledger is used as the system of record for settlement of financial transactions between counter-parties on the World Wire network.The Offering Management team works closely with engineering and design to guide new product offerings from conception to launch. As part of the Offering Management team, you will be responsible for one or more of the functional OM activities related the World Wire platform, and will interface between Engineering, Sales, Business Development, Marketing, Finance, and other key functions within IBM to perform your responsibilities. In this role, you will help drive product strategy and partner closely with cross-functional teams to define and deliver on the defined capabilities and revenue targets. Offering Managers are responsible for guiding products throughout the delivery and execution life cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, pricing, promoting and tailoring our solutions, in addition to engaging in client interactions and training and supporting the financial services sales organization.
- Assist in the design, development, execution, and launch of one or more Blockchain product offerings within the larger portfolio from end to end.
- Understand markets, competition and customer/user requirements in depth.
- Analyze competitive offerings for impact to product and sales.
- Assist in the development of pricing and economic models, committing to specific revenue targets.
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy for Blockchain Solutions for Financial Services, APIs, and key partnerships.
- Work collaboratively with engineers on new capabilities and improvements of existing Industry Solutions Offerings and Blockchain technologies.
- Assist in the development of product positioning and messaging that differentiates IBM Industry Solutions Blockchain Offerings in the market.
- Work closely with Market Development to identify needs and gaps and equip them with knowledge and training in order for them to effectively sell our solutions.
- Conduct sales enablement activities, communicating the value proposition and other related go-to-market strategies of the products to core IBM channels, including especially the integrated account teams within Financial Services, working closely with Managing Directors and their teams.
- Lead efforts around the creation of product demonstrations and sales assets.
- Present offering capabilities to clients and work directly with sponsor clients to shape the offering.
- Assist the other team members with related OM activities as required.
Someone would want to be a part of this group because the World Wire team is satisfying the noble mission of the migrant worker, who must send a large portion of their paycheck home every week in order to feed and house their family. Before this solution was introduced the migrant worker would spend up to 22% of their hard-earned money in cross border foreign exchange banking fees and had to wait up to three days for confirmation of receipt. IBM World Wire facilitates the automated clearing and settlement of these remittances within 30 seconds and at very low fees. There is also a future philanthropic mission for serving the needs of unbanked individuals in developing countries that is also motivating for caring and thoughtful IBM workers who want to be associated with a calling that is bigger than themselves.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in a product management, engineering and technology strategy role
- Experience delivering technology products/services in a high growth or startup environment, with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
- Proven ability to execute on strategic initiatives and deliver market driven results
- Demonstrated Project Management skills as shown by direct management of small, medium and large-scale projects involving technology development and market/client delivery of stated results
- Demonstrated client facing skills – able to show a consultative approach within the projects you managed leading to the attainment of agreed upon success criteria
- Strong understanding of payments, payment systems both domestic and international
- Direct experience with/knowledge of Agile practices in actual project management roles
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- 7+ years’ experience working on large-scale internet services for customers, designing and implementing advanced applications for consumers and third-party partners
- Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, solve problems, scope technical requirements and prioritize project work
- Use hard data/metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases and economic models
- Self-starter with strong leadership skills; willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive
- Demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire team members to enjoy work, be action-oriented and stretch your imagination
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.