About This Position
In this “startup within a startup” opportunity, you’ll build the Ellevest Private Wealth Management marketing program from the ground up as the first marketer dedicated to this segment of the business. You’re entrepreneurial and thrive in ambiguous situations. You’re confident making sophisticated use of data and technology to advance marketing goals, but you equally enjoy the “softer” side of marketing. You’ve likely worked with a sales team in an enterprise B2B environment, and you’re excited to apply this experience to a new context, working closely with Ellevest Private Wealth Management’s team of financial advisors.
- Create and execute a marketing strategy focused on driving inbound interest, leads, and qualified opportunities for Ellevest PWM
- Spearhead digital and offline marketing programs across advertising, email, referrals, events, and other channels
- Report on campaign success metrics coupled with qualitative insights; drive iteration and improvement based on results
- Develop PWM marketing technology requirements and manage implementation, including a potential integration of a marketing automation platform
- Build and maintain library of PWM marketing collateral to support financial advisors in creating and closing opportunities
- Minimum 3 years experience in an analytical marketing role
- Track record of successfully driving lead and opportunity growth in partnership with a sales team
- Strong writing abilities and an instinctual sense for what content will resonate with prospects
- Technical expertise operating and administering a marketing automation platform like Hubspot, Marketo, or Eloqua in conjunction with Salesforce
- Experience managing strategy and execution for webinars and in-person events
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves and dive in wherever necessary
- Ability to quickly build an in-depth understanding of the wealth management industry
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney and Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, and author of “Own It: The Power of Women at Work.” Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, and Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, and retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a woman’s longer lifespan and different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevest’s unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, and operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team and working environment where individuals can succeed professionally and personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, and to have room for fun and fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent and teamwork, and team is the most important thing to us.
In 2018, Ellevest was awarded the #14 spot on LinkedIn’s list of most sought-after startups, as well as a spot on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list — “identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech and business shifts”. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Ideas, and CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrow’s household names. We are working every day to make this a reality, and create a brand and a service that closes the female money gap.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
Flexible Schedule and Vacation
Beautiful Office in Flatiron
Health, vision, and dental insurance
Parental leave policy
Retirement savings plan (401k)