The Channel Marketing Associate will work closely with the Channel Marketing Manager and Head of Marketing to develop and execute the marketing strategy for the Canadian Institutional, Intermediary and Retail business lines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates marketing plans by translating business objectives into defined marketing objectives, strategies and tactics and develops clear requirements to ensure that project teams and agency resources received accurate direction. Identifies and analyzes varied sources of data and information to inform planning decisions. Partners with Manager and Project Lead to deliver large and complex marketing initiatives that are align to major business initiatives.
- Develops and delivers effective digital marketing (SEO, SEM and channel optimization) to increase attraction and conversion rates. Encourage test and learn culture, driving digital experiments to deliver performance. Identify opportunities to leverage digital channels for existing customer utilization communications.
- Works with Manager to identify and examine new media, creative and measurement opportunities in conjunction with internal partners and ad agencies.
- Assists divisional and marketing leaders to improve use of advanced analytics. Develops and executes regular reporting providing actionable insight to the business. Drives creative and innovative analytic applications and results. Keeps abreast of industry, market and company trends, and partners with business leaders to champion the adoption of new data, analytic approaches, techniques and capabilities.
- Prepares and manages annual calendar of planned marketing campaigns, including contingency planning.
- Builds relationships with business partners across the business (product, sales, etc.) to secure stakeholder support for required development.
- Assist in the development of all materials to deliver customer journeys.
- Applies productive questioning skills to understand business goals and assesses information to uncover ways to deliver effective and efficient solutions to major business challenges. Anticipates problems and takes action to keep projects on track.
- Periodically prepares and delivers formal presentations to internal partners (e.g., sales) to keep them informed about marketing plans and provide program results.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Minimum five years experience.
- Proven experience of developing and implementing a marketing strategy.
- Writing and Creative experience is a plus.
- Excellent strategic thinking and analytical ability.
- Excellent project management, planning, and collaboration skills.
- Deep understanding of the needs and issues facing advisors.
- Team player and proven implementer.
- Confident working with people at all levels.
- MBA would be considered an asset.
- CSC would be considered an asset.
- Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
- Vanguard welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.