Consumer and Commercial Banking (CCBD)
Consumer and Commercial Banking brings innovative solutions to traditional banking activities. We are a global team of lenders, investors, risk managers, skilled marketers, web experts and banking specialists. We provide a suite of solutions to help our customers meet their personal financial goals. We make direct investments in, and risk manage, a portfolio of corporate loans and securities. And we help transform distressed communities through investments and loans of private capital
Digital Finance Description
Digital Finance, a business unit within CCBD, is comprised of the firm’s digitally-led consumer businesses, which include the Marcus deposits and lending businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Digital Finance combines the strength and heritage of a 149-year-old financial institution with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Through the use of machine learning and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity to help them make smarter decisions about their money.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Do you love clean design, gorgeous typography and the art of white space? Do you enjoy pared-down minimal visuals and the challenge of designing cutting-edge products within the FinTech space? Marcus is looking for you, a Senior Visual Designer, to join its design team in NYC.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in visual and brand design, with user experience knowledge. You will become part of an entrepreneurial team that provides the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the support of a historical banking institution. We value collaboration, communication and creativity to interpret and bring innovative, functional designs to life.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will be responsible for the interactive and digital media design for the web, desktop, tablet and mobile platforms. You will excite and inspire users by creating high-quality concepts and mocks that incorporate beautiful typography and color theory. Our products are elegant, functional and minimalist. You will collaborate with fellow designers and product managers to create a simple, attractive visual language and great-looking, usable products.
- 5+ years designing digital web, desktop, tablet and mobile experiences widely adopted by users
- Experience with Sketch, Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects), InVision
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other creative team members, developers and project leads
- Excellent multi-tasker able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Team player who excels under pressure
- Practical understanding of the latest trends and technologies used to build rich web, desktop and mobile apps
- B.F.A or undergraduate degree in graphic or web design
When applying for this position please include a link to your online portfolio or attach work samples
- 7+ years in graphic, visual and interaction design for digital experiences
- Strong love of beautiful typography and minimal design
- CSS knowledge a plus
- Experience with data visualization a plus
- Knowledge of the financial services industry a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.