At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
First Republic Private Wealth Management is comprised of investment management, brokerage, trust, financial planning and insurance professionals. We offer customized wealth management solutions for our clients from a wide array of services including comprehensive investment management, financial planning, estate planning, trust services, endowment management and more. Our goal is to understand our clients’ unique needs and support them throughout a lifetime of financial goals.
What you’ll do as a Managing Director-Foreign Exchange Advisor
- This position requires the ability to self-source FX relationships and to work with Bankers to introduce FX products and services to existing Bank clients. Meet with companies and private clients to develop FX risk management strategies.Requirement
- Maintain network of referral sources both internally and externally; proactively ask for prospect leads; ensure referral sources have current information on all FX products and services.Requirement
- Make prospect and client calls independently and with relationship managers.
- Develop standard servicing or risk management plans and strategies for client transactions. Perform complex technical analyses and research as needed.
- Communicate proposals to clients and prospects. Negotiate specific terms and conditions within appropriate parameters.
- Create and deliver presentations for clients, internal audiences and organizations to explain FX products, services and risk management solutions.
- Monitor status of assigned accounts to ensure conformity with terms; ensure proper documentation is completed and appropriately retained
- Participate in the development of operating policies and procedures by communicating new or unique solutions to appropriate persons, with approval from the Head of Foreign Exchange.
- Ensure effective communications and information sharing within the group and with other departments, outside contacts and customers; seek ways to improve effectiveness of communications.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of Foreign Exchange, International Banking and other company products and services with the ability to approach clients with unique service or risk management needs.
- Represent the Foreign Exchange Business at company functions, business groups and civic organizations to maintain wide referral network and enhance sales performance.
- Perform duties & responsibilities specific to department functions & activities.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by Management.
- Responsibilities include the following: 1) adhering to and complying with the applicable, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, including those related to Anti-money laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.) 2) adhering to Bank policies and procedures, 3) completing required training, 4) identifying and reporting suspicious activity to the AML Officer, and 5) knowing and verifying the identity of any customer(s) that enters into a relationship with the Bank.
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of Foreign Exchange Business Development experience is expected.
- This individual will need to be assertive and a self-starter with the ability to sell FX products (Spot, Forward, Option, Swaps and Foreign Currency Accounts) in compliance with approved policies and procedures.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including experience working with all levels of management. Strong project, process, and time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving abilities and a solid understanding of the financial markets and their interaction with the currency markets is required.
- High Concern for quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to generate client focused presentations and provide general market updates on a regular basis
- Foreign Exchange Business Development
– In-depth FX product knowledge
– Strong technical and financial analysis skills
– FX risk management strategies
- Ability to manage complex transactions in a lengthy sales cycle
- Proven business development track record
- Reuters, Bloomberg/Bloomberg Trading, Derivative Pricing models/platforms
- Microsoft Office
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel within the Bank geographic footprint