The RM manager is expected to assist the team lead for ensuring compliance with KPMG risk management policies, procedures, professional standards and applicable local regulatory requirements, he/she is also required to provide assistance to execute testing related to risk, compliance and quality control requirements applicable to KPMG.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in updating and implementing new local risk management policies and processes to comply with changes made to global policies and processes and assistance in development and implementation of additional local risk management policies and processes, if required
- Handling Risk Management (RM) queries received from service delivery teams, providing them with ‘subject matter expert’ support with reference to Risk management policies, procedures, professional standards and applicable local regulatory requirements.
- Plan, prepare and execute periodic compliance testing Assist in implementing action plans following completion of assessments and compliance testingand any other reviews carried out
- Assist in supervision of activities like Know Your Customer (KYC) procedures, local conflict of interest checks and ongoing screening of clients and vendors/suppliers.
- Contract review, including review of legal agreements like confidentiality agreements, hold harmless letters and inter-firm agreements
- Assist in the deployment and monitor the timely completion of mandatory risk management training by staff including new joiners
- Delivery of periodic Face-to-Face risk management trainings
Experience, skills required:
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience (likely candidate from a compliance, internal audit, external audit, professional services firm background)
- Strong risk management awareness
- Personal gravitas and ethical behavior
- Ability to work autonomously, seeking opportunities for improvement, automation and efficiency gains
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including verbal and written business English
- Compliance review testing experience.
- Drafting policies & underlying implementation guidelines.
- Delivering training
- Reviewing contracts, technical knowledge of Laws, specifically; information technology laws, Intellectual Property (IP) law, international law, privacy law and previous contracting experience will be an advantage.
- Ability to develop and coach team members.
- Driven with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates evidence of working across teams and other functions.
- CA/CPA/ACCA or Master’s degree in relevant field