Cubist Systematic Strategies is one of the world’s premier investment firms. The Firm deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes, including equities, futures, and foreign exchange. The core of our effort is rigorous research into a wide range of market anomalies, fueled by our unparalleled access to a wide range of publicly available data sources.
Researchers are responsible for independently conducting quantitative finance research with a focus on statistical and predictive models. Successful researchers manage all aspects of the research process including methodology selection, data collection and analysis, testing, prototyping, backtesting, and performance monitoring.
Some successful researchers have joined us from similar backgrounds at other firms. Others have joined from related fields or directly from academia and have thrived with hands on guidance from our large team of experienced portfolio managers and researchers. Our most exceptional team members combine strong technical skills and a passion for problem solving with an intense curiosity about financial markets and human behavior.
- MS or PhD in finance, computer science, mathematics, physics, engineering, or other quantitative discipline.
- Three or more years of experience building quantitative tools for global rates products.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets.
- Prior experience developing, researching or implementing quantitative models, either at a firm or independently.
- Programming in any of the following: C++, Python, VBA, Matlab.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Willing to take ownership of his/her work, working both independently and within a small team.