ABN AMRO is a full-service bank with a transparent and client-driven business model, a moderate risk profile, a clean and strong balance sheet with predominantly traditional banking products, and a solid capital position and strong funding profile. We serve retail, private and corporate banking clients, with a primary focus on the Netherlands and with selective operations internationally. ABN AMRO’s Group Strategy Office is our bank’s strategy consulting department. The Group Strategy Office is the strategic accelerator of our bank. The financial industry is undergoing major and fundamental changes, driven by developments in different domains. Evolving customer needs and expectations require a proactive response and the team is instrumental in positioning ABN AMRO for the future. The Group Strategy Office conducts strategic projects with high relevance for the business lines and subsidiaries within the group. Projects are conducted in multidisciplinary project teams that work closely together with business lines and in close cooperation with top management of the bank. The team resides within the Strategy & Sustainability department of ABN AMRO and reports directly to the CEO Kees van Dijkhuizen.
As a leader in the Group Strategy Office, you are responsible for the entire scope of a strategic project conducted within ABN AMRO, on corporate level or for a specific business line. A leader in the team clarifies the objectives and manages the process and content throughout the project and ensures high quality and timely deliverables. The leader aligns with Director(s) of the team, manages Advisor(s) and Associate(s) on the project team and works closely together with specialists and senior management in the business lines to generate buy-in. Typical projects conducted by the team are for example:
- Strategic agenda – support the Executive Committee in driving and prioritizing the strategic agenda on corporate level, for the four business lines and supporting departments
- Near & long-term vision and strategy – support the Executive Committee in determining the near and long-term vision and strategy for ABN AMRO group, based on outside-in views and capability assessment
- Cross-border value creation – analyze and assess activities in all countries in ABN AMRO’s footprint on performance, future outlook and improvement potential
Within our Group Strategy Office you will be able to develop your analytical, conceptual and consultancy skills. All team members will be offered an extensive training curriculum and receive all the support to ensure fast-track career development. As you grow and gain more expertise, you may – after two years – move into the role of director. You will gain a 360 degree understanding of ABN AMRO group, which makes this position an ideal one should you aspire to move from a strategic consulting position into a line management function within our bank over time.
As a Group Strategy Office Leader you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of ABN AMRO. The leader role is a challenging and demanding role. Therefore we are looking for highly talented and enthusiastic colleagues matching the following description: Characteristics
- Intrinsically motivated & fiercely results oriented
- Curious & innovative
- Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities
- Strong problem solving skills – structures issues logically and creates practical ideas
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good sense of humor & pleasant to work with
Knowledge and experience:
- Excellent academic track record (Master degree); degree(s) with a strong quantitative component preferred. MBA or post academic degree preferred but not required;
- 4-10 years of experience at a Top Tier consulting firm, in the financial sector, or in a strategic position at a large corporate of which at least 4 years of experience with project leadership;
- Knowledge of Financial Institutions, Strategy Consulting, Strategic Management, Project and Agile Management;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent English language skills, both written and spoken;
- Ability to speak and understand Dutch, or willingness to learn quickly.