Who is the Company, and What do they Want?
A dynamic growing global payments platform based on innovative technology seeks to hire a KYC Compliance Advisory (KYCCA) professional. This is a unique role. The KYCCA will work in the US offices of an international company. The US office, in New York City, is small and growing. The KYCCA person will use their Anti-Money Laundering and KYC experience to offer advice, counsel and guidance to help the US division. This will include developing and enhance policies and procedures, researching better AML software, keep track of new regulations, and an array of other responsibilities.
The KYCCA role is ideal for a Compliance person with five plus years of KYC and onboarding experience who would like to focus on the big picture as opposed to being stuck in the weeds endlessly reviewing new accounts. Since the company is young and growing, there will be the opportunity to advance your career, and not just another cog in the machinery.
Here are some of the responsibilities:
- Define and own onboarding procedure for the North America (NA) business, and ensure all onboarding staff are trained and able to onboard NA clients
- Continuously review, simplify and streamline onboarding procedure
- Ensure onboarding procedures meet regulatory and banking partner KYC requirements
- Undertake QA on onboarded clients; lead remediation of any issues and feedback to onboarding staff
- Act as KYC/onboarding specialist for US sales team; support sales admin staff in assessing opportunities and gathering onboarding documents
- Lead client Policy & Procedure review when onboarding clients
- Support/advise affiliate partners on how to streamline onboarding procedures
What the company is looking for in a candidate:
- Experience/understanding of KYC and the onboarding processes, and how to leverage technology to reduce client friction
- Understanding of the US/Canadian KYC regulation incl. US CIP requirements (with a focus on corporate clients)
- Understanding of the US/Canadian KYC market practice for digital/online Payment Service Providers/Money Services Businesses (with a focus on corporate clients)
- Experience in working with US/Canadian data sources/automation providers to reduce friction in onboarding process (with a focus on corporate clients)
- Ability to work/partner closely with distributed team globally (mainly London) and champion US business needs & specificities
- Comfortable working in a startup environment
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at JKelly@ComplianceSearch.com.