What’s the role?
The Equity Investment Strategist is a seasoned investment professional who serves as an extension of assigned investment management teams, with a focus on partnering with Lord Abbett’s distribution businesses. The Investment Strategist serves as the principal conduit to provide perspective and understanding of financial markets and Lord Abbett investment strategies, providing critical connectivity between investment teams and a broad range of stakeholders. This role has a particular emphasis on value equity mandates but a broad background in equity strategy will be ideal.
The Investment Strategist acts as a specialized subject matter expert, serving an influential role in representing assigned investment management teams with internal Lord Abbett distribution channels and current and prospective clients, consultants, third-party gatekeepers and other marketplace constituents. As a specialist on assigned strategies and markets, the Investment Strategist drives thought leadership initiatives and collaborates with data team, quant, marketing, product strategy and product consultants to create and oversee all investment content across client- and market-facing mediums.
- Maintains a comprehensive and ongoing understanding of assigned equity investment strategies and markets, serving as subject matter expert for our distribution businesses
- Serves as the primary interface for investment communications internally and externally. The Strategist will typically lead the investment portion of client meeting with key decision makers and gatekeepers at partner firms, clients and prospects
- Provides sales and marketing support for assigned investment strategies, developing materials and talking points and providing investment input to marketing plans and programs
- Supports focus on investment and product education, as well as development of thought leadership
- Supports investment strategy and product development and provides insight pertaining to strategy and product enhancements, including insight into ongoing competitive perspectives and industry trends
- Provides ongoing delivery of marketplace perspective, developments and trends into the organization at industry conferences, client meetings, and events
- Strong background in equity markets and asset management is required
- 10+ years of total industry experience preferred
- Experience supporting institutional distribution channels
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- CFA preferred
- Ability to travel frequently