- We are seeking an Investment Strategist dedicated to our mutual fund business who will partner with our active and quantitative Portfolio Management teams, along with our mutual fund product development and sales teams.
- Investment Strategists are seasoned investment professionals (i.e., often former portfolio managers or research analysts) having excellent investment, analytical, communication and client relationship skills:
o Serve as a member of the Registered Products Investment Strategy team, focused on building and refining NTAM’s mutual fund business by providing high caliber investment and product development knowledge as well as exemplary investment communications and internal/external client-facing skills.
o Responsible for innovating ideas for mutual fund investment products and taking the lead in moving these ideas from conceptual to implementable status by partnering with NT’s portfolio managers, product development teams and investment professionals.
o Act as a “proxy” for portfolio managers, meeting with clients, prospects and/or intermediaries, including internal constituencies, to explain the investment philosophy, process, features and performance of our mutual fund products, including discussing potential applications and performance outcomes in different financial, economic and market environments.
o Provide timely delivery of high quality communications, both written and oral, which cover the NF mutual funds’ features, applications and performance.
o Act as a gatekeeper for investment-related mutual fund product information on behalf of portfolio and investment teams, managing external requests on their behalf.
o Serve as primary contact for account managers regarding mutual fund products within and across the firm.
- Reports to Director of Investment Strategy – Registered Products Group
Lead innovation efforts for mutual fund products and solutions in tandem with portfolio managers and research teams. Work closely with Product Management to ensure the NF’s product set is distinctive and competitive.
Lead/participate in working-group meetings with portfolio managers and other investment and product professionals in order to effect mutual fund product innovation and development efforts.
Maintain up-to-date knowledge of portfolio/investment teams’ activities and market views/outlooks.
Develop training materials for mutual fund products and assist in training the mutual fund sales team. Update/revise training materials as needed, based on front-line client interactions and feedback from the sales team.
Work with the sales team to educate and inform the targeted external client base, as well as internal clients, on our mutual fund products and their application in various portfolio, investment and economic contexts.
Assist in sales efforts, focusing on high-value add opportunities.
Provide clients, prospects, consultants and/or intermediaries with periodic updates regarding the performance and positioning of NF products and accompanying investment philosophy and value proposition.
Work with Portfolio Managers and other NTAM investment professionals to identify and prepare periodic investment-focused commentaries that can be shared with account managers, intermediaries and clients.
Promote insightful, high quality outputs and maintain oversight of all investment-related materials pertaining to NF mutual funds and portfolio/investment teams.
- 5+ years experience managing or analyzing securities and/or portfolios across a broad range of domestic and global markets.
- Strong analytical, investment and quantitative skills applicable to investments, securities and structuring of portfolios.
- Experience working with global investment products and solutions across both institutional and retail markets.
- Sharp presentation as well as written and oral communication skills.
- Investment Strategist experience at a competitor firm.
- Completed or working towards becoming a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)