YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $178m in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market and generate passive income.YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine Finance, Legal Finance & Commercial loans. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina and Greece.
YieldStreet is company is backed with $278M in equity and debt capital from firms including Edison Partners, Greycroft, & Raine Ventures. We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us.
About the role
We’re looking for a mid-level investment recruiter to join the team and help us double in size. This recruiter will play a critical role in hiring top talent at our fast growing fintech startup. If you have experience hiring investment professionals varying from associate to director within a startup or agency environment, and you’re a highly motivated self-starter, you may be just who we’re looking for.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for hiring employees across the investment team including: originations, investment and credit underwriting, real estate, and portfolio management and servicing
- Develop, track, and report measurable recruiting metrics
- Work in tandem with our Generalist Recruiter and your dedicated Hiring Managers on monthly recruiting plans
- Create and post all job descriptions
- Vet all inbound applications across Hire, AngelList, LinkedIn, and the YieldStreet website
- Phone screen and maintain meticulous notes in our ATS for Hiring Manager reviews
- Maintain all in-house interview scheduling and provide context to interviewers prior to meetings
- Develop pool of candidates through self sourcing in advance of need
- Coordinate and implement college / job fair recruiting initiatives
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
- Work on ad-hoc projects as required
- 3+ years experience in-house recruiting
- Training Management, Employment Law, Project Management, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Administrative Writing Skills
- Interest in YieldStreets mission/working knowledge of investing and financial concepts
- Proven skills in problem-solving, organization, attention to detail and priority setting
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, paid vacation and holidays and that’s before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Make sure you get to know Diver the fish, and help yourself to a variety of top tier scotch and whiskeys at the company bar.
We’re located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.