Cambridge Associates is a leading global investment firm. We work with institutional investors to build and manage portfolios customized to their specific objectives and risk tolerances. For more than 40 years, we have provided innovative solutions to portfolio management, helping to shape best practices for the world’s most sophisticated institutional investors. We have always been motivated solely by our clients’ interests, actively avoiding conflicts to ensure that the advice we give our clients is based only on what is best for their portfolios.
Our clients trust the experience, leadership, and integrity of our investment professionals. We have a global team of outstanding investment advisors and an extensive research platform to support them. With more than 1,200 employees in eleven locations around the globe, we are constantly looking to discover new ideas for our clients’ portfolios. This extensive network helps us to identify and access the best global investment opportunities all over the world.
As part of a highly collaborative global team, the Investment Director’s primary responsibility will be to source, analyze, and disseminate information regarding all aspects of secondary transactions and secondary fund investments, strategies, and managers for implementation in client portfolios.
- Serve as a key resource on C|A’s Private Investments team regarding secondaries opportunities. In collaboration with colleagues, originate, analyze, and recommend secondaries transactions. Contribute to house opinions on secondaries managers and markets through ongoing qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
- Analyze secondaries managers in terms of organization, investment strategy, performance, fund terms, current portfolio positions, and other key attributes.
- Source new secondaries investment opportunities, and evaluate and monitor investment opportunities. Lead meetings with general partners, portfolio managers, and other senior personnel.
- Complete written research utilized by our clients and colleagues to support investment decisions. This includes concise commentaries summarizing meetings, in depth investment recommendation memos, due diligence reports, and other periodic research exploring current topics of interest in the secondaries industry.
- Lead reference calls with industry participants.
- Monitor market trends and contribute to periodic market updates.
- Serve as a resource to colleagues seeking current information on secondaries investment opportunities, including data and analysis, comparisons across managers.
- Provide input to colleagues, clients and industry when required.
- MBA or CFA strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5 years relevant private equity investment experience and familiarity with secondaries
- Experience sourcing, evaluating, and transacting on secondary private equity transactions
- Demonstrated analytical skills and strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience performing complex financial analysis, modeling, and company valuations, including discounted cash flow and comparable company analyses
- Ability to assign priorities to multiple requests for information, while ensuring integrity, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills
- Ability to work independently and under time constraints
This position would ideally be based in Menlo Park or San Francisco, but could be in Boston