The Investment Associate position is responsible for providing high-level service delivery to Bryn Mawr based Portfolio Managers, intermediaries and internal clients of the Wealth Management Division (Trade Desk, IT, Audit, Trust Operations, etc.). This position will collaborate with investment team leaders to monitor and oversee investment methodology across Bryn Mawr based portfolios.
This role requires internal communications, including participation in select internal committee meetings; knowledge, understanding and application of fiduciary and investment principles, including Reg 9 compliance requirements; knowledge of securities processing and clearing; knowledge of trust & accounting systems; knowledge of investment systems to support trading and performance analysis (First Rate and Investor’s View specifically) and technology to support recordkeeping and payment history (SunGard); and interface with Trust Operations Service Partners.
This position will be based in Bryn Mawr, PA.
- Master the use of all investment management systems including, but not limited to, Investor’s View, First Rate, Morningstar, Factset and Sungard Advantage
- Act as a “go to” team member for reporting needs, system support questions and issues
- Monitor asset allocation, security selection and liquidity needs of clients to ensure that portfolios are managed in accordance with investment policy statements and client preferences
- Analyze accounts for model eligibility and work with portfolio managers to assess capital gain/loss implications
- Run and own the model adoption process by helping portfolio managers complete model adoption documentation
- Place account specific trades in Bryn Mawr based model accounts where appropriate
- Understand capital gain and loss implications
- Proactively monitor overdrafts for portfolio managers
- Analyze account holdings and suggest sales to raise cash, as needed
- Work with investment services manager on investment related projects such as systems conversions, performance reporting issues, process improvement initiatives, etc.
- 4-year college degree in business administration, finance or a business-related major is preferred
- Experience with a trust accounting and/or investment system is preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in administrative client service is preferred
- Basic knowledge of investment markets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic numeracy skills