This position will serve as a Senior Internal Auditor in the Internal Auditing Department and reports to Internal Auditing’s Senior Manager of Finance and Operational auditing. The ideal candidate is experienced in financial and operational auditing and has a strong knowledge of internal controls. The candidate should also have strong analytical and client skills, and excellent business judgment.
As a senior internal auditor, you will be responsible for leading assignments with a broad scope and complexity in a team environment. The key aspects of the role include:
- Developing and communicating risk based audit plans with staff auditors.
- Defining expectations for each audit project including objectives, scope, timing, key contacts, and deliverables.
- Communicating expectations to staff auditors and tracking time budgets for assignments.
- Working with clients and your audit team to ensure the successful development of risk assessments, design of audit programs, and completion of integrated audits to produce high quality reports. These reports are used by the business to enhance risk management and the Board Audit Committee to ensure strong corporate governance.
- Providing expertise on the design of controls into new and existing business processes.
- Identifying control gaps, assisting management in creating action plans to address risks and ensuring that action plans are completed.
- Influencing process improvements with business owners.
- Participation in creating annual audit plan.
- Providing feedback to staff auditors on audit performance and mentoring new members of the Internal Auditing Department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of six years of internal auditing / utility operations experience
- Thorough knowledge of analyzing and developing risk assessments and assessing risk within a process or business function
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organized and able to effectively manage multiple, diverse tasks and adhere to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of utility finance, accounting, and operations
- One or more of the following certifications: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Experience in quality assurance/auditing in an electric or gas utility industry
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of industry regulations and business/operational aspects of the industry and PG&E
- Knowledge of SAP, CC&B, Ariba
- Ability to communicate effectively, lead client meetings, discuss issues and controls, and report on progress of work product with client manager, director, or project team
- Excellent planning, leadership, and supervisory skills and the ability to build effective relationships in several areas of the business
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to express control deficiencies in a business context
- Demonstrates judgment and listening skills and has the ability to analyze complex processes and strategies
- Ability to positively influence business owners on control solutions