Intern – Internal Audit
Hard Rock HotelLas Vegas, NV
POSITION SUMMARYAs an Internal Audit Intern, you will support the Internal Audit department in verifying the Company is in compliance with Gaming Regulations, Sarbanes-Oxley, Title 31 and best practices.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
Executing audit plan employing critical thinking and testing methodologies.Perform internal audit procedures, including observations and walk-throughs.Prepares work papers identifying weaknesses in controls, procedures and/or operations.Communicating problems with internal controls or accounting and reporting systems and recommending corrective actions.Write clear and concise draft audit reports.
WORKING CONDITIONSMust have ability to:
* Use a computer keyboard, 10-key and calculator.
* Communicate effectively with co-workers and management.
* Accurately review and audit relevant information.
* Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
* Ability to lift boxes up to 40 lbs.
JOB QUALIFICATIONSMust be 21 years of age and able to obtain a Gaming Registration. Candidates must be an Accounting major and have completed their Sophomore year of college. Alternatively, candidates are enrolled in a business related Graduate or Advanced Degree program with an undergraduate degree in Accounting.
Candidates must possess excellent communication skills, must be responsible and flexible, must be a highly motivated individual, and must be computer-literate, with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIESIn addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
* Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock.
* Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
* Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
* Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
* Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
* Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management