Seed is seeking an Institutional Sales Associate who is smart, consultative, and driven with experience in institutional sales. You will be joining a fast-moving team that leads the firm’s strategic initiatives across marketplace design, product development, and business development.
- Build and manage strong client relationships under the leadership of our CEO.
- Prospect and market research.
- Communicate the unique value of Seed CX and our services to top decision-makers and executive-level stakeholders.
- Vet key opportunities from the existing pipeline as well as generate new business leads.
- Maintain sales/prospect databases and assist in data management for all sales activity, including contact management, firm information, sales calling activity, etc.
- Be a product knowledge expert and stay current on industry trends.
- 3+ years experience in institutional sales.
- Proven track record in prospecting, on-boarding and managing institutional client relationships.
- Awareness and interest in digital assets.
Seed is an innovative financial exchange focused on cryptocurrency and emerging markets. Through its regulated subsidiaries, Seed operates a physical spot market, a regulated derivatives exchange and an innovative settlement system for institutional trading. A fast-growing company, Seed was founded in late 2015 and has since raised over $20m in venture financing to build out the future of trading. Seed recently sold a subsidiary to Dough, Inc., a major Chicago trading group. Seed’s founders, having met at MIT, have been highlighted as some of Chicago’s ’20 in Their 20s’.
The Seed Culture
All Seed employees are guided by the following characteristics and core principles:
- Independence – an ability to work alone. There is no micromanaging here. Join Seed, pitch ideas and shape the work you do. You will be given responsibility from day one.
- Vision – an ability to see the broader picture. We are innovating quickly and challenging the status quo. Seeing where we fit in is critical in making it a reality.
- Positivity – a good attitude and respect for others. We’re teammates, not co-workers.
- Ambition – an ability and a passion for learning and getting things done. We will champion you, challenge you, and push you to achieve your best – and we expect the same in return.
- Empathy – an ability to understand the customer. We do not build products for industry, but with industry. Learn our markets and speak to our end-users.
- Adaptability – an ability to respond quickly. We are in a fast-paced industry and so we expect you to be creative when solving a new problem and comfortable under pressure.
We believe that the best way to succeed is by having a happy, motivated and healthy team. We offer the following benefits:
- Healthcare Insurance: Seed currently covers roughly 100% of employee premiums.
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity leave
- Visa sponsorship
- Free Gym
- Life insurance
- Flexible work schedule
Investing in Our Employees and Broader Community
We want Seed to have a positive mark on our every employee and our community at large:
- Regular Team Building Activities: we like to ‘play’ as a team from ping pong competitions, escape rooms, boat trips and drinks on rooftops.
- Continued development and sponsorship of tuition: we invest in our people, paying for specific tuition and conferences as well as ‘study leave’. We have team members preparing for the bar, developers attending conferences and members of our compliance group taking additional qualifications.
- Creating a work environment for all: we think it is important to continuously evaluate our workplace ethos to ensure it is a place everyone wants to work and can thrive in.
- Seed giving back: Seed has created a free transportation for unemployed Chicagoans to assist them in their search for jobs. We also work and volunteer with several local Chicago charities.