MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are a team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
COMMODITY FINANCE GROUP
The Commodity Finance Group is responsible for providing risk management solutions in both financial and physical commodity products as well as commodity-linked financing products. Clients are companies whose major input or output is natural resources related including upstream oil and gas producers, mid-stream logistics and processors, refiners, airlines, utilities, petrochemical companies, mining companies, industrial companies and others. The team is the sits within the Financing Group in the Investment Banking division. The role includes deal origination, business development, structuring commodity derivative and physical transactions, and sourcing and structuring commodity-linked financing transactions. The role also requires close communication and coordination with investment bankers and the front line commodities coverage and execution teams in IBD and Securities Division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Provide market expertise for strategic hedge transactions
– Work closely with Structured Finance team to originate and structure new financing-linked deals
– Coordinate with commodities and Investment Banking coverage to increase the breadth and depth of coverage of key commodities clients and prospective clients
– Develop and mentor junior team members
– A bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic record
– At least 4 years of experience in commodities markets and/or natural resources Lev Fin/IBD, preferably at a bank
– Strong analytical skills, including a first class understanding of financial derivatives and/or natural resources financing
– Experience of mentoring junior team members
– Ability to work well under pressure
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.