Who are we?
Since its founding in 2008, Roc Nation has grown into the world’s preeminent entertainment company. We work in every aspect of modern entertainment—with recording artists and producers, songwriters and athletes. Our client list includes some of the world’s most recognizable names: from Rihanna, Shakira, J. Cole, and Big Sean to Yoenis Cespedes, Todd Gurley, Leonard Fournette, and Robinson Cano. We are a full-service organization, supporting our diverse roster of talent via artist management, music publishing, touring, production, strategic brand development and beyond. We’ve forged strong partnerships with the world’s leading experts in artist management, technology, fashion, and philanthropy, and are redefining the business of entertainment.
Who are you?
Motivated, driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Roc Nation, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Roc Nation, a Live Nation joint venture, is seeking a Human Resource Specialist who will partner with the Human Resource Manager. The position is based in the New York City headquarters and will play a critical role in the future growth and success of the most influential sports and entertainment agency in the world – Roc Nation. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, highly motivated individual who functions with confidence and expertise in a fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment. They will help design and lead various internal programs and initiatives to support in the following areas: payroll, benefits, training, compensation, recruiting, and customer service for employees.
- Assists the Human Resources Manager on routine tasks such as onboarding/off boarding and other special projects
- Responds to internal Human Resources related inquiries or requests including managing applicable tracking spreadsheets to ensure all data is up-to-date and easily accessible
- Documents processes and results. Looks for continuous improvement to make Human Resources transactions and reporting streamlined and workflow enabled
- Aids with employee requests and questions regarding practices/policies as needed
- Redirects Human Resources related calls or distributes correspondence to the appropriate person on the team
- Updates and audits employee records in HRIS system (Workday) and maintains employee electronic files, scanning, filing & auditing (Box)
- Helps oversee internship program by collecting resumes, verifying eligibility, partnering with managers, maintaining records and conceptualizing and rolling out development opportunities
- Reconciles benefits statements to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions
- Assists with employee benefits administration through reviewing, tracking and processing benefit changes
- Build relationship and trust with clients to effectively influence business decisions
- Researches and stays up to date of industry trends and new labor laws
- Schedules meetings, Human Resources events and maintains the team’s agenda
- Responds in a timely manner to all employment verification requests by completing verbal and written verifications, including composing employment verification letters
- Produces and analyzes Human Resources reports through HRIS system (Workday)
- Assists Human Resources team with research, collection and analysis of data regarding employee trends
- Works with management in client groups to identify soft and hard-skill development needs. Consults with Organizational Development for support where needed. Works with management to develop bench-strength in key areas and set effective succession plans
- Works with managers and employees to ensure consistency of ongoing performance appraisal process, including Introductory/Performance process. Educates management regarding the appraisal process and performance measurement criteria to ensure consistent application of the programs. Communicates timelines and measures completion, addressing any issues and ensuring consistency.
- Handles confidential and routine information
- Partners with divisional executives/supervisors and Recruiter to coordinate recruitment efforts. Monitors key recruitment metrics and works with managers and recruiter to ensure clarity of roles and quality of hires
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources related field, or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in Human Resources or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with advanced Excel experience required
- HRIS experience, Workday strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to think proactively and analytically
- Candidate must be detail oriented, deadline driven, highly organized, and able to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Team player, will roll up sleeves when needed
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities and demands while meeting critical deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility for projects, promote teamwork and collaboration between staff, peers, vendors, and partners