At the forefront of the FinTech revolution this company has identified a gap in the market for the lending and borrowing of digital assets. This exciting new business is leading innovation and bringing institutional securities lending to the digital asset economy.
In this progressive company you’ll enjoy exposure to all areas of the business and will have the chance to improve and impact how it works whilst developing your career as it scales.
Your day will look a little like this: You’ll be building and maintaining a robust risk management and compliance framework, aligned with the overall business strategy. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the business’s operations and transactions follow relevant legal, regulatory and internal rules and that risks are managed appropriately across all jurisdictions.
Promoting and embedding the risk culture of the firm across all teams will be a key requirement, to ensure the business operates within its risk appetite at all times in a legal and ethical manner while meeting its business objectives.
• Overseeing the development and implementation of an effective business-wide risk and compliance framework.
• Providing independent advice and challenge in the development and maintenance of the business’s internal controls and monitoring adherence to them.
• Drafting, reviewing and revising company policies and developing a business wide risk assessment and monitoring programme.
• Proactively auditing the business’s control processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses.
• Evaluating business activities (e.g. investments) and significant transactions to assess compliance risk.
• Providing ongoing advice to the management team and all employees on questions of legal and regulatory compliance
• Establishing and overseeing plans to manage compliance related incidents or compliance violation
• Undertaking research as required to keep abreast of key developments in the global regulatory landscape.
• Proven experience as a Head of Compliance or Compliance Officer, preferably within the Cryptocurrency, Payments, e-money or Financial Trading sectors, with a focus on a risk-based approach to compliance.
• Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining risk management and internal controls environments within a company.
• Strong experience working alongside financial regulators, professional bodies and professional service providers in multiple jurisdictions including Gibraltar and the UK.
• Knowledge and experience of financial services regulation and legal requirements and controls
• Strong hands-on experience delivering compliance outcomes in various operational areas including, but not limited to, AML, KYC, Data Protection.
• Strong familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
• Appropriate compliance professional certification would be beneficial.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to successfully build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
• Integrity and professional ethics, business acumen, teamwork and attention to detail
• A self-starter who relishes the challenge of working in a fast-paced FinTech business
And a bit about us…
We successfully support candidates with career changes within the FinTech industry. We emphasise career development within technology led businesses and ensure that our candidates are fully supported through transition. We are a small and friendly bunch with lots of industry knowledge and experience to share.
We believe diversity is what makes our world interesting! Fresh new ideas, thinking and approaches, makes us more effective and efficient and we hold ourselves accountable against diversity objectives.
Compliance, MLRO, Risk