As the Head of People you are responsible for making Plaid a great place to work and grow. Our goal is to bring in top talent and to enable our team members to do the best work of their lives. You will be instrumental in making this happen. We care a lot about our people and culture, and we are looking for someone who shares our passion for building strong companies from within. You will be responsible for our HR, Recruiting, and Places teams (~12 people). This position is based in San Francisco and will report to the co-founder/CEO, Zach Perret.
What excites you
- Being a champion and resource for Plaid employees.
- Partnering with our leadership team and managers on all things people-related, including performance reviews, coaching, employee relations, organizational development, and recruiting.
- Building an amazing, highly empathetic HR & People team that grows with the organization over time.
- Developing a comprehensive recruiting strategy to attract, retain and motivate top talent.
- Overseeing our facilities and office staff, and ensure that our office can scale with the needs of the company.
- Working with our Hiring Managers and Recruiters to ensure a fantastic employee onboarding experience, setting the stage for a long and exciting career at Plaid.
- Partnering with our founders and senior leaders to establish Plaid programs and events that help drive our culture, mission, and vision forward.
- Collaborating with our in-house and external legal and risk teams to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
What excites us
- An open and approachable communication style, with and an employee-first mindset.
- Empathetic management philosophy, focused on achieving through a team rather than individually.
- Structured thought process, excellent at strategy, planning, and analytics.
- Desire to dive deep and learn about our product, market, and customers.
- Alignment with our core values, particularly Humility, Transparency, and Pragmatism.
- Preference for shipping quickly and iterating based on feedback.
- Deep understanding of employee motivations, and the ability to see around corners to pre- empt potential problems.
- Previous experience leading a sizable HR / People team in a high-growth startup.
- Background working closely with technical teams and product-oriented leaders.
- History of working cross-functionally with legal and finance teams to execute on HR systems, headcount planning, compensation, and legal requirements.
- Proven track record of building and maintaining a fantastic culture through periods of hypergrowth.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of the employee lifecycle, including recruiting, onboarding, performance management, and coaching.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.