A little about the company:
A licensed digital asset exchange and custodian, that offers a platform for customers to buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) seeks a Head of Internal Audit.
What you will do:
- Prepare and implement a risk-based annual audit plan to assess adequacy and effectiveness of financial reporting, operational and risk management controls.
- Collaborate with the second line of defense (Head of Risk) to support the development of the annual audit plan based on the enterprise risk assessment.
- Execute audits with the first line of defense (management) through walkthroughs and evaluation of supporting artifacts/evidence to verify that internal controls are being followed.
- Report results of audit engagements to the Audit Committee of the Board.
- Collaborate with management to ensure audit issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Qualifications the company would like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Risk Management or related field, or commensurate work experience
- Minimum of 7 years of financial and IT audit experience in the financial services industry or Minimum of 5 years of Big 4 public accounting experience
- Deep, extensive knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Experience managing and executing audits
- Good communication skills; teamwork oriented
- Understanding of IFRS and GAAP standards
- Chartered Public Accountant (CPA) certification
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com