We believe the economy is better when everyone has access. When everyone has room to grow. No one should be left out because the cost is too great or the technology too complex. We started with a little white credit card reader but haven’t stopped there. We’re empowering the independent electrician to send invoices, setting up the favorite food truck with a delivery option, helping the ice cream shop pay its employees, and giving the burgeoning coffee chain capital for a second, third, and fourth location. We’re here to help sellers of all sizes start, run, and grow their business—and helping them grow their business is good business for everyone.
We are looking for a Head of Executive Recruiting to lead a team responsible for senior-level and C-level hiring at Square. You will work directly with our executive team on hiring and organizational strategy and will fill the most important roles within their organizations. Your team will develop scalable strategies for talent identification, engagement, interviewing, and hiring for these critical roles. You will also closely partner with our HR leadership and the broader Talent organization. This role reports directly to the Head of Talent at Square.
- Drive global executive recruiting strategy including directly owning key searches in business, engineering, and product leadership.
- Build and lead a small team focussed on executive and strategic search at Square.
- Engage with our executive team on key open positions, role prioritization, key candidate qualities, market mapping, interviewing and closing candidates.
- Represent Square at external events and drive our employment brand for senior candidates.
- Manage all search firm relationships, contracts, and overall strategy on engaging with external recruiting partners.
- Work closely with our Head of Total Rewards on offer strategy and provide market insights in order to hire the best senior talent possible.
- Experience leading executive-level searches in technical and business disciplines
- Experience working with C-level executives to solve hiring needs
- Ability to manage multiple searches across a variety of functions at one time
- Deep sourcing and market mapping expertise
- Previous experience leading a team
- A flexible and adaptable approach to partnership with senior leaders
- Global recruiting experience a plus