DailyPay is seeking a Head of Data Science who will be responsible for core data science initiatives across the company and growing the data science team. This role will report to the VP of Enterprise Product and work closely with our Product and Engineering teams to focus on making data-driven decisions while scaling new and existing products. It is a unique opportunity for a subject-matter expert to build out a new vertical within a quickly scaling company and product primarily focusing on empowering financial security.
- Work with Leadership to define the company’s data science and ML strategy
- Translate business problems into technical approaches that yield actionable results
- Build anomaly detection systems to solve business problems
- Work with Product and Engineering to develop new risk metrics, models and data products
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines
- Develop and manage a team of data scientists that will scale with the company’s growth
- Standardize analytical methods and processes across the company
- Build cross-functional relationships with every department at DailyPay
Core Competencies and Accomplishments:
- 8+ years experience practicing as a data scientist
- 4+ years experience building supervised and unsupervised machine learning models
- Experience managing a team of analysts and data scientists
- Strong organizational, management, and leadership skills
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develop and execute strategies, and track and measure results
- Ability to effectively communicate across business stakeholders
- Degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, or related fields
- A solid understanding of data security
- DailyPay offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a considerable equity package.Additionally, the company provides benefits including medical, dental, 401K and FTO.
At DailyPay, our mission is to offer people their first steps toward financial security. DailyPay partners with companies to offer employees the ability to control when they get paid. Not only does this solution empower financial wellness, but for the company, DailyPay acts as a tool to recruit, retain, and engage their workforce.
This is an opportunity to join a Series c funded financial technology company that is making an incredible impact in the market. It is an exciting time to join our growing team, where we are always learning and expanding our skill sets at an accelerated pace. We are a high performing, collaborative and ambitious team that is excited to make a big impact (in business and in the community).
DailyPay is dedicated to providing the environment, resources, and culture to empower and accelerate our employees professional growth and development. We believe that we are only as good as our people, so we invest in every opportunity to empower our workforce to succeed.