Cross River is a venture-backed bank reinventing banking to power the financial services of the future. Cross River is a leader in Marketplace Lending, providing cutting edge solutions to some of the largest and most innovative FinTechs in the market.
We are currently seeking a Head of Capital Markets to manage the Capital Markets department, with accountability for business unit performance and managing relationships with all third-party loan buyers and platform partner capital teams. This strategic business unit leader will be responsible for setting and meeting growth objectives while maintaining an appropriate level of portfolio risk.
This position will serve as the driver for recommendation of loan purchases, loan sales, seller financing initiatives and strategic capital markets advisory for the Bank’s partners. The candidate will have accountability for the team’s organizational effectiveness, strategic design, staffing, customer relationships and delivery.
• Responsible for growing and developing the bank’s Market Place Lending portfolio.
• Maintain and develop relationships with financial partners, internal and external industry contacts that provide and enhance access to Capital Market opportunities.
• Creating and executing department strategies in support of short and long-term operating objectives and business plan.
• Provide guidance and counsel to the bank’s Market Place Lending partners on loan growth, structuring, pricing, and strategic competitive market conditions.
• Serve as a member of committees as deemed appropriate.
• Arrange syndication, participation, and other multi-lender or pool transactions as a fee-based service for member associations of Cross River.
• Responsible for leading and mentoring a team of Capital Markets officers.
• Develop financing strategies for presentation to executive management.
• Develop and negotiate term sheets, credit agreements and other finance documents.
• Manage and oversee the preparation of financial models to assess development opportunities.
What are the requirements?
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business, finance, economics or comparable field
• 10+ years of experience in loan disposition, loan investment and structed products
• Proven leadership and management experience, having led and developed a team of professionals
• Exceptional analytical, credit, lending and loan pricing skills
• Excellent relationship-building, sales and negotiation skills
• In depth knowledge of the credit & syndication markets and competition
• Superior communication skills, including clear written, verbal and presentation skills
• A collaborative leadership approach and a passion for the cooperative principles
• Ability to travel up to 20%