Barings Global Fixed Income Group is seeking a candidate with 5 – 7 years of professional work experience for an investment analyst position to join their Global Special Situations team in the Charlotte, NC global headquarters office. The candidate selected will be responsible for analyzing and evaluating special situations investment opportunities as well as manage work out and steering committee processes for the overall Global High Yield team, which manages assets in excess of $49 billion. The position will report to a senior investment professional on the Global Special Situations team.
- Conduct fundamental credit analysis of global corporate credit without any bias to industry or sector
- Conduct financial statement analysis and detailed financial modeling
- Originate, perform analysis and due diligence and present new investment ideas
- Meet with management teams, develop industry contacts, and utilize other information sources to develop investment theses
- Produce clear and concise research based on independent observation and analysis
- Lead restructuring processes for troubled portfolio companies as well as drive value through independent negotiations ultimately derived in an Investment Committee setting
- Assist with special ad-hoc projects, presentations and initiatives
- Five to seven years of experience working in high yield with a strong preference for a background in financial restructuring, special situations and distressed scenarios
- Ability to identify and work through complex credit situations to derive investment ideas that meet the return hurdles of the Global Special Situations platform
- Strong negotiating skills and ability to converse effectively in a high pressure environments
- Commitment to task and an attention to detail
- Strong computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office, Bloomberg, etc.
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Good personal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Travel required