This position’s responsibility is to participate as an active contributing member on a Global Real Estate Securities team in a fundamental analyst role supporting the portfolio managers. Also must take ownership of primary coverage list and actively contribute to the overall global research investment process. Consistently generate risk adjusted excess return ideas supported by thorough bottom-up research with a successful sale of the ideas to the team.
- Provides in-depth fundamental analysis and estimates intrinsic fair values for about 25 – 30 companies within the U.S. REIT industry and potentially beyond the U.S.
- Creates and maintains complex financial models incorporating analytical insight from our top-down and bottom-up investment research process, including discounted cash flow analysis and net asset valuation.
- Takes ownership of primary coverage list and contributes to excess return versus benchmark with buy, sell and hold recommendations communicated to Portfolio Managers on a regular basis.
- Challenges consensus assumptions with own research findings, particularly those garnered through on the ground field research.
- Maintains relationships and proactively communicates with senior management of covered companies and industry contacts.
- Assists with marketing and prospective client due diligence as needed.
- Solves moderately complex problems.
- Exchanges complex information effectively to reach agreement in ambiguous or difficult situations.
- Receives operational and strategic direction from a senior leader.
- Collaborates with fellow team members to achieve objectives within the project timeline.
- Performs other duties as required by senior management.
- BA/BS degree in finance or accounting with 4+ years of real estate investment experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Applies expertise and knowledge of a specific technical or functional area.
- Advanced degree (MBA, CPA and/or CFA designation) a plus.
- Foreign language proficiency/fluency, cultural knowledge and travel experience preferred
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), analytical & presentation skills, including an ability to comfortably speak with senior management of companies under coverage.
- Ability to make timely decisions in a high-paced dynamic environment, sometimes with incomplete information.
- Willingness to travel within U.S. to tour properties, attend conferences and meet with company management.