- To conceptualize, design and put in place an effective Corporate Compliance for the Bank.
- Provide advise to senior management on compliance related matters which could impact the entire bank – all groups I divisions, local and overseas.
- Ensure that preventive systems exist for ongoing compliance with all regulatory norms including those pertaining to Central Banks and Regulators.
Key Result Areas:
- Design, docmnent and implement an effective compliance program for all areas of the bank.
- Ensure that the bank’s systems and controls provide a high level of compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Maintain I build a database of key regulatory requirements.
- Maintain an ongoing awareness of all applicable internal and external compliance requirements which could impact the bank ..
- Identify and inform management of high-risk compliance issues.
- Assist management in developing and monitoring action plan to correct issues identified and monitor for closure.
- Report status of the banks compliance program and significant compliance issues to the CEO I Leadership Forum.
- Provide timely and accurate MIS I reports to senior management on an ongoing basis. Promote the self-identification and reporting of all compliance issues across the bank. Ensure that training and awareness programs are in place to strengthen understanding of compliance requirements and corporate policies.
- Provide advice and guidance to senior management on all queries related to
- Provide support to address irregularities and deficiencies, noticed in internal and external audits (including Central Bank audits).
- Maintain good liaison with regulatory authorities and industry associates to be effective.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of regulatory and banking environment.
- Post-Graduate qualifications MBA I CPA or equivalent with 12 – 15 years of banking experience with at least 5 -7 years in a similar role.
- Good working knowledge of banking processes and systems. Excellent leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs