- Citi’s Compliance Assurance (CA) group is a function within Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM), which performs assessments of Citi’s regulatory and compliance risks; performs independent testing of compliance with rules, laws, and regulations; and assists with the firm’s responses to regulatory examinations and inquiries.The purpose of this role is to be a part of the leadership team of Compliance Assurance, and support the strategic development of the risk-based compliance testing, continuous assurance, and reporting methodologies, both globally and regionally.
- The Director will be responsible for the development, implementation, and delivery of the compliance testing, continuous assurance, and reporting programs; and supervisory oversight and vigilance over compliance assurance assessments for Citi’s Singapore country.
- This role requires knowledge and extensive experience with auditing principles including audit planning, risk assessments, development of risks and controls matrices, processes and controls design assessments, controls operating effectiveness testing, transactional testing, and reporting activities.
- This role also requires a solid understanding of rules, laws, regulations, and specific regulatory requirements impacting consumer banking, commercial banking, capital markets, technology, and familiarity with banking products and services GCB – Mortgages, Credit Cards, Commercial, Private Banking; ICG – Markets, Treasury, Investment Banking; Global Functions – HR, Finance, Corporate Operations, Technology.
- The Compliance Assurance – Singapore Country Head, Director will be based in Singapore and will report to the APAC Regional Head of Compliance Assurance.
- Change agent and a forward-looking and solution oriented leader in the fulfilment of the ICRM Transformation Plan.
- Assist in the development of a robust CA Plan to monitor for compliance with rules, laws, and regulations.
- Direct planning, execution, and reporting of compliance assurance reviews and compliance and regulatory issue validation activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity in Singapore in accordance with CA Plan.
- Develop a valued interactive program of support and assurance that provides regulators and stakeholders’ insight into compliance trends, themes, issues, and root causes.
- Develop a valued interactive program of support and compliance risk management services covering the assessment and reporting of Key Compliance Risks across businesses and products, legal entities and jurisdictions, providing stakeholders with insight and practical solutions to improve the control culture and environment across Citigroup.
- Define resource requirements and budgets for Singapore CA projects.
- Serve as an assurance owner for complex reviews, analyse report findings, and recommend appropriate interventions where needed.
- Review and approve CA Risk Assessments and CA Monthly and Quarterly Reporting.
- Identify and evaluate emerging risks and present findings to CA function leadership.
- Analyse and provide credible challenges to team’s assessment of the control environment (of relevant assessment units), including Manager’s Control Assessments (MCA), Internal Audit Assessments (and related control metrics such as Issues Being Actioned by Management (IBAM), on-time remediation, Reopens, and MCA effectiveness), Regulatory Issues (and its metrics), Compliance Assurance Results, and Legal Matters.
- Participate in discussions with the firm’s regulators in connection with inquiries, inspections, and exams.
- Provide regulator briefings as necessary.
- Participate in the development and enhancement of the CA Methodology and Standards for auditing, testing, and reporting with compliance risk focus.
- Manage a team of compliance assurance professionals within Compliance Assurance function. Recruit staff on a full time or co-sourcing basis, develop talent, build effective teams, and manage a budget.
- Promote consistencies in compliance testing approach and effectively utilize innovative compliance testing solutions including Data Analytics to increase value and reduce costs of compliance-related activities.
- Develop effective senior line management relationships within Compliance Assurance function and with other stakeholders including Business process owners and Internal Audit function.
- Demonstrate independent judgment, professional skepticism, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possess strong project management, budgeting, and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, and exhibit initiative and intuitive thinking.
- Provide insight to the State of Compliance Report on a quarterly basis to the Audit Committees of Citigroup and Citibank.
- Inform senior management and regional leadership of the country/business of significant compliance matters that require their attention or action (using State of Compliance reporting).
- Maintain close working relationship with all Global and Regional Compliance Officers and provide State of Compliance reporting to regions, countries and legal entities.
- Maintain on-going assessment of State of Compliance across businesses and products, legal entities and jurisdictions, providing stakeholders with insight and practical solutions to improve the control culture and environment.
- Develop talent in CA and promote opportunities for ICRM talent to develop within ICRM and in other parts of Citigroup in the region.
- Promote knowledge sharing and promulgation of best practices across ICRM and the business.
- Identify industry best practices and share insight with the CA teams on a regular basis.
- Identify compliance training resources and tools available centrally to support country/business compliance programs training and research needs.
The ideal candidate must have:
- 10 plus years related experience in ICRM or similar function, with extensive experience as a leader of a complex ICRM organization.
- Extensive global compliance and audit related experience, and strong knowledge of business processes and IT technologies utilized in the Consumer Banking and Capital Markets products and services industry.
- BA/BS or equivalent. Advanced degree and/or professional certification preferred.
- Demonstrated solid career progression within highly respected diversified institutions in the Singapore region with complex and diverse products and customers.
- Executive presence and a reputation for building strong relationships with stakeholders and leading teams, both direct reports and in peer/influence models. Effectiveness in working within a large scale and complex matrix organization is essential.
- Solid understanding of rules, laws, and regulations, and specific regulatory requirements impacting Consumer Banking and Capital Markets products and services including Mortgage, Credit Cards, Retail, Unsecured Lending, Sales and Trading businesses, Treasury, Investment Banking, and Private Banking.
- Proven experience in leading transformational change, in influencing geographically dispersed teams of world-class professionals, and in implementation of cost effective and technology enabled innovative solutions in compliance monitoring, testing, and reporting.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues, and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Excellent communication skills in interacting with non-executives, executive management, regulators, and across a number of business lines and control functions.
- Effective persuasion skills, the ability to work effectively at the highest levels of the organization, and networking and influencing skills. This person will be comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility.
- Proven track record in preparing and presenting formal written reports to Audit Committee, Compliance Committee, Board of Directors, and C-Suite Management.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Fluent in English.
Sign Up to Bookmark Jobs, Keep Track of Completed Applications and Receive Recommended Jobs