We’re working to change the way wealth is created.
YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $113M in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet connects investors to opportunities in alternative asset classes like real estate and litigation finance that were historically unavailable to most. YieldStreet was created because our founders were frustrated by the lack of options regular investors had to participate in asset backed investment opportunities that exist outside of the stock market.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us.
About the role
We’re looking for a mid-level generalist recruiter to join the team and help us double in size. This recruiter will play a critical role in hiring top talent at our fast growing fintech startup. If you have experience hiring candidates across departments and skill levels from a startup or agency, and if you’re a highly motivated self-starter, you may be just who we’re looking for.
What you’ll do
- Be responsible for hiring employees across all departments
- Develop, track, and report measurable recruiting metrics
- Work in tandem with our Generalist Recruiter and all department heads on monthly recruiting plans
- Create and post all job descriptions
- Vet all inbound applications across Hire, AngelList, LinkedIn, and the YieldStreet website
- Phone screen and maintain meticulous notes in our ATS for Hiring Manager reviews
- Maintain all in-house interview scheduling and provide context to interviewers prior to meetings
- Develop pool of candidates through self sourcing in advance of need
- Coordinate and implement college / job fair recruiting initiatives
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
- Work on ad-hoc projects as required
- 3+ years experience in-house recruiting
- Training Management, Employment Law, Project Management, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Administrative Writing Skills
- Interest in YieldStreets mission/working knowledge of investing and financial concepts
- Proven skills in problem-solving, organization, attention to detail and priority setting
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays and that’s before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Perhaps the best benefits are the tons of free snacks (Goldfish and Granola are our favorites, but always taking suggestions) and a variety of top-tier scotch and whiskies at the company bar.
We’re located in Midtown on 5th Ave and surrounded by plenty of culture with a vibrant dining and social scene. Our building is steps away from Rockefeller Center.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We’re saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!