The General Counsel is responsible for leading corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives. The General Counsel provides senior management with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation, manages the legal function, and obtains and oversees the work of outside counsel. The General Counsel is directly involved in complex business transactions in negotiating critical contracts, joint ventures and acquisitions.
Restore Hyper Wellness is experiencing incredible growth and is hiring a General Council. Ideal council has experience in three areas 1) medical law 2) franchise law and 3) real estate law. Obviously finding the general council that has experience in all three is highly unlikely. What is most important to us is to find someone who is a good cultural fit within the organization and can balance the needs of a quickly expanding company. This position will be based in Austin.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be a part of something special that is changing the face of wellness and medicine.
Restore is the leading retail provider of Hyper Wellness services in the United States. We coined the phrase Hyper Wellness because it exemplifies our approach: offer cutting edge services that have shown results, we strive to make our customers feel better every time they visit, and hyper stimulate the body’s natural defense mechanisms. For us, Hyper Wellness is a lifestyle that we believe improves the lives of our customers.
Restore’s unique retail locations are the antithesis of a traditional doctor’s office. We are efficient, fun and social. We educate and provide information in a completely transparent manner so that you can manage your wellness better. Every day, we help thousands of customers achieve their goals around sports performance, pain management, recovery, beauty and overall wellness.
• Act as legal advisor to the company in all state and federal health regulations.
• Provide advice to various groups within the company relating to health laws and regulations.
• Mange the franchise filings and reports in each state that the company is doing business.
• Manage the real estate negotiations and practices of the organization.
• Manage the inquiries from governmental bodies and others relating to the company’s medical operations.
• 5+ years of legal experience, including at a law firm and/or prior in-house experience
• J.D. degree and membership in at least one U.S. state bar
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience relating to laws and regulations of healthcare facilities.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience relating to laws and regulations of franchises
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience relating to information privacy laws and regulations. Including HIPAA and HITRUST.
• Ability to identify risks and propose alternative structures to mitigate risks that meet business needs.
• Self-motivated team player with the ability to learn quickly, identify and resolve legal and business issues, drive projects and earn the confidence of and cooperation of your business partners.
• When you see an issue that needs addressing, your instinct is to jump in and address it. You are also comfortable relying on the expertise and assistance of others when necessary.
Interested parties should contact Steve Welch. email@example.com