The General Counsel heads up our dynamic Legal team and is a member of the Senior Leadership providing legal counsel and strategy to the business. The Legal team is the first point of contact for all legal matters for our US and global sites. This busy team is expanding, so we are looking for a self-starter who can hit the ground running. Ideal candidates will have passion and interest in technology and the desire to be part of a team with goals to revolutionize the transportation industry.
• Advise CEO and Senior Leadership Team on legal strategy.
• Implement and advise on global intellectual property strategy
• Manage all corporate legal matters, including international operations
• Draft/negotiate complex agreements, including long-term concession agreement
• Manage the fundraising process with the CEO and CFO for all investment rounds (domestic and international)
• Advise on stock plan administration and equity matters
• Identify and mitigate legal risks related to operations, employment, transportation, litigation, and regulatory compliance
• Oversee internal governance policies and compliance
We are looking for a self-starter with creativity and vision. In addition, we are seeking individuals who are original thinkers, possess the drive to achieve quick results in a fast-paced environment and have the capacity to assume increasing responsibility in a highly successful global organization. Ideal candidates will have passion and interest in technology and the desire to be part of a team with goals to revolutionize the transportation industry.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
• Have a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) (highly preferred from a top tier law school)
• Have at significant experience at a leading law firm working on a wide range of corporate transactions and securities compliance matters and/or significant experience working in-house as a General Counsel for a global corporation or start-up
• Be admitted to the California bar OR be admitted to at least one U.S. state bar and be willing to become registered in-house counsel
• Prior in-house experience; and
• Have some experience handling employment matters
• Proven track record of successfully helping new technology and/or engineering companies/clients compete and grow in emerging industries such as but not limited to transportation, telecommunications and aeronautics
• Experience interfacing with regulators, legislators, U.S. Congress, U.S. States, and international bodies highly preferred
• Strong work ethic, high integrity, and a genuine interest in technology and engineering
• Experience in transportation, privately held start-ups, finance, project development, equity investments and M&A transactions