Morgan Stanley’s business around the world is supported by groups and teams with a wide variety of specialized skills. They provide information and strategic thinking to the Management Committee; help to ensure the long-term growth and efficient day-to-day functioning of our business; and serve the well-being of our shareholders, clients and employees.
Electronic Trading Risk Management (ETRM) works within the Firm’s Sales & Trading Division and is responsible for the overall program of Fixed Income, Commodities and Bank Resource Management Electronic Trading Risk Management. The team ensures compliance with all applicable rules and regulations governing the firm, as well as adherence to internal standards, controls and policies. ETRM members sit on the trading floor and are part of Non-Market Risk Management.
ETRM is looking for an experienced Associate in New York to act as a risk management generalist to support and develop the FID electronic trading risk management program. The candidate must be able to support multiple daily responsibilities as well as some project work within the group. Central to the role will be design, analysis, and ownership of various electronic trading risk control technologies/processes. Significant opportunity exists to take on additional work in various high profile business initiatives and regulatory projects.
Responsibilities will include:
• Partner with strats, technology, trading, risk management, legal and compliance on a number of applicable etrading deliverables and initiatives
• Operate within a 1st line of defense risk management team to devise and own robust controls on electronic trading workflows and platforms for sales and trading.
• As part of the 1st line of defense, members of ETRM support build out of strategic governance initiative in electronic trading including engagement with 2nd line of defense
• Participate in annual electronic trading Risk and Controls Self-Assessment (eRCSA) and SEC Market Access Rule (15c3-5) certification.
• Strong collaboration with global FID and IED ETRM teams to align and push for best practice and optimal consistency across asset classes
• Provide subject matter expertise and direction as it relates to interpretation and understanding of electronic trading, regulatory and exchange rules
• Coordinate IT development/enhancements with product groups as it relates to turnovers required to address trading, regulatory and exchange rules
• Provide general day to day response to risk management situations needing immediate attention
• Experience in working with technology/strat teams, focusing on data analysis, system flows, trading workflows and associated system enhancements, testing/deployment processes.
• Background in Fixed Income, Commodities or equities trading, risk management or operations, is strongly preferred
• Detailed technical/analytical skills with strong communication ability across a range of stakeholders.
• Ability to manage multiple independent work items, including managing real-time escalations and limit management processes.