A global, high-end venture capital backed FinTech firm, focusing on international payments, seeks a Compliance officer for their growing New York offices.
About the Role
The Compliance Officer will play a key role in the design and monitoring of the firm’s financial crimes, anti-money laundering, and compliance programs, ensuring that the company observes all relevant local and international Regulatory and Financial Crime requirements. The position will report directly into the company’s Head of US and North American Compliance.
Here are the Details
- The Compliance Officer will develop, manage, and implement the compliance policies and procedures under US and Canada
- He/she will develop and maintain the BSA/AML & FINTRAC compliance program (and associated policies and procedures) in line with the firm’s global policies.
- Lead efforts to establish and maintain a robust, scalable client due diligence onboarding program for the US, Canada and rest of the Americas market – in line with the company’s global
- Liaise with the Head of Compliance US and the compliance and operations teams in London regarding local procedures and risk
- Manage the company’s licenses in North America and Canada and managing the process of filing for new licenses (with outside counsel).
Whats Skills & Experience do I need?
- Excellent written and verbal communication Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, auditors, and regulatory examiners.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of local financial regulation in Canada and
- 3 or more years’ relevant experience in Financial Regulation Compliance or Financial Crime in the US
- Structured and well organized, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to bring open projects to closure. Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence others for results
- Excellent team working skills, ability to manage own workload and tenacious attention to detail
- Must be comfortable working in a start up environment
- Candidates must have a strong AML, regulatory risk, and compliance background such BSA AML, USA Patriot Act, FinCEN, FFIEC, OFAC, and FINTRAC & OSFI knowledge for Canada
- Strong background with international payments and cross jurisdictional rules and regulations
- Experience with State and Federal Regulatory Bodies and working MSB regulation knowledge
- Experience with FX, Ecommerce, card issuing, merchant acquiring and MSB products and services
- Experience with KYC and onboarding of clients, affiliates and third parties and exceptional knowledge in Sanctions / OFAC management
Please email resumes to Jack Kelly at Jack@ComplianceSearch.com.