We are looking for a Financial Operation Manager to join the Financial Operations team at Funding Circle US. This position reports to the US Head of Investor Services and you will be responsible for the overall operations of the Financial Operations team including timely reconciliation of all client activities delivering assurance that our client money is kept safe, develop and enhance the marketplace features and controls, and support the vision of the US Head of Investor Services and assist in the execution of strategies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the Financial Operations Team to carry out daily reconciliations of client money bank accounts, marketplace ledgers and system integrity validation and ensuring all exceptions are tracked and resolved
- Directly and coach staffs to liaising with payment operations and various teams across the business to investigate transactions within client money accounts and ledgers
- Work closely with the US Head of Investor Services, Capital Markets, Legal & Compliance and Product & Technology teams to maintain procedures on current processes, design and implement new processes where necessary, considering both commercial and regulatory objectives, with a focus on mitigating risks and embedding control culture in everything we do. Ensure compliance to all corporate operation standards and policies.
- Develop and lead the Financial Operations Team to test and validate all changes/enhancements before deployment in the live system.
- Work with product and tech teams to identify risks on any system or process changes
- Line manage and build out a high performing Financial Operations team. The business is growing rapidly and as such, you will be working closely with the US Head of Investor Services to support the vision and assist in the execution of strategies. Be able to measure the capacity requirements as we build out the team to meet the growing demands of the business.
- Work closely with the Capital Market Operations Manager to enhance synergies and operation efficiencies
- Prepare presentation and co-lead monthly FinOps/Payment Steering Committee meeting
- Ad-hoc project work
Our ideal teammate has:
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or other quantitative discipline
- 5+ years of work experiences with most recent 3 years in reconciliations
- Lead by example, experience in building a team, mentoring and developing staffs
- Working knowledge of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Objective & Key Results (OKRs).
- Motivated, collaborative attitude with a desire to help shape a fast-growing area of the business and build a proactive, efficient and high performing team.
- Proven quantitative skill set combined with unrelenting attention to detail and a risk and controls framework focus
- Confident, presentable and able to interact directly and autonomously with a wide variety of internal business stakeholders together with external investors and their operations teams
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Intermediate to advance Excel skill is a must
- Experience in Finance or accounting is a must
- Identification with our mission, “to build a better financial world”
- Alignment with our core values: Think Smart, Make It Happen, Be Open, Stand Together, Live the Adventure
- Fintech, lending or other financial operations and services experience
- Experience with servicing and collections tools, industry standard practices
- Technical aptitude and/or experience developing systems and processes