Our Client, a Highly Regarded Investment Management firm is seeking a Financial Analysis & Accounting Manager. This position is responsible for oversight of the firm’s budget and expense monitoring process but will also be part of a collaborative team that touches all aspects of mutual fund operations including but not limited to board of trustees reporting, regulatory reporting, prospectus filings, performance measurement, and various types of analysis and reporting. The successful candidate will play a vital role in ensuring best in class reporting and analysis for the mutual fund complex. This individual will have the opportunity to expand and grow their industry knowledge through a variety of complex work and interdepartmental initiatives.
- Lead team of 3 individuals responsible for administration of expense management and budgeting process for the firm’s funds.
- Review and oversight of the firm’s custodian and fund accounting agent
- Monitor fund expenses to ensure timely payment and adherence to fee limitation agreements
- Coordinate analyst workload, assign responsibilities and ensure appropriate progress by team
- Review work produced by team and assist in preparation of complex analyses
- Work collaboratively with other departments in the preparation of various reports
- Research new accounting requirements for mutual funds and implement related review procedures to ensure adherence with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Develop and implement a best practices approach for all team responsibilities
- Motivate and develop team members
Additional responsibilities as position requires
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA preferred
- 7 – 10 years of mutual fund accounting or related financial services audit or industry experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required (technical skills, communication skills, customer focus, time management skills, independence, and accuracy)
- Knowledge of US GAAP and SEC regulations pertaining to registered mutual funds preferred
- Effective supervisory and mentoring skills
- High attention to the detail and quality of deliverables
- Advanced analytical abilities
- Proficient with Excel and Word
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work well in a team environment
Are you interested or know someone that might be?
Please send resumes to Heather@ComplianceSearch.com.